|Department||Tourism and Recreation Department|
|Date Opened||5/13/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/27/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Submit your cover letter and resume with application.
Human Resources Specialist
The Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department’s (OTRD) mission is to advance the exceptional quality of life in Oklahoma by preserving, maintaining, and promoting our natural assets and cultural amenities. OTRD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
OTRD is seeking a full-time Human Resources Specialist for the Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department in Oklahoma City, OK. OTRD provides matching contributions to employees’ retirement plans, 11 holidays, and 15 days of annual and sick leave a year. OTRD also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including a benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents.
Responsible for performing a variety of specialized human resource duties. Will work in a team-oriented environment, cross training to ensure optimal customer service while adding value to the team, co-workers, and the Agency.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
• Assist in the development and implementation of a strategic communication plan that leverages OTRD programs, subject matter expertise and programmatic outcomes for increased awareness and knowledge about OTRD’s impact.
• Prepares, processes, and reviews a variety of personnel transaction forms including individual appointments, status changes, transfers, promotions, salary changes, and separations into Human Capital Management (HCM) Oracle PeopleSoft.
• Manages the online personnel transactions forms with Finance and all Tourism divisions.
• Preferred candidate will assist in designing, deploying, and managing HR training and organizational development programs and initiatives, which may include employee engagement, employee and manager development, succession planning, onboarding.
• Works closely with payroll on personnel transactions each pay period.
• Responsible for learning HCM payroll/TCP timekeeping software and serve as back up payroll coordinator.
• Scans/images all new employee records and organizes personnel files.
• Answers employee questions on leave, benefits, payroll, and HR forms.
• Responsible for the proper retention and destruction of all personnel files according to the Archives and Records Commission.
• Research, design, develop, and facilitate programs for the development of high performing teams, engaged associates, and effective managers and leaders
• Coordinate and conduct HR-related trainings for staff and leaders.
• Track supervisory hours & enroll employees in training using the state learning management system. Develop and manage communication strategy to promote initiatives and opportunities
• Develop and support campaigns to encourage and foster employee development.
• Develop and manage communication strategy to promote initiatives and opportunities
• Performs other duties as assigned assisting the team to complete projects as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills and initiative to improve processes. Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects concurrently and independently, often under time restrictions. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others and to understand and apply applicable rules, laws, and policies. The successful candidate will have strong customer service skills, oral and written communication skills, flexibility, eager to learn, dependable and team oriented. They also must understand and know the importance of confidentiality. Requires strong knowledge of basic computer applications, including Outlook, Word, and Excel. Knowledge of human resource management policies and procedures. Knowledge of Oracle PeopleSoft or SharePoint preferred.
Associate degree in human resource, business, management, or related area. Minimum of three (3) years of experience in clerical office work, preferably with one year of experience involving human resources management. An equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of college for each year of the required experience.
Applicants must be willing and able to fulfill all job-related travel normally associated with the position.
All applicants tentatively selected for this position will be required to submit to a background check.