A resume and cover letter must be submitted with your application.
As a Technical Writer with OMES you will enjoy:
· Generous leave including 15 days of vacation, 15 days of sick leave and 11 paid holidays annually.
· A comprehensive Benefit Package with a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents.
• Full-time 40-hour work weeks.
• Support the Office of Management and Enterprise Services
• Salary based on education and experience.
Opportunity to work within a cross-functional team comprised of content experts to create standards, operational procedures and other documentation of our evolving technology services, tools and advisories. We are a team who wears multiple hats, cross collaborates on solutions and are constantly learning from each other.
What you will be doing in this role:
• Research, outline, write and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements.
• Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize and write standards, policies, and process documentation.
• Craft and publish training and how-to documentation for customer knowledgebase.
• Work with team to create and manage change control process in which documentation is requested, reviewed, and published.
• Ensure all documentation accurately reflects current operating practices, as well as meets regulatory compliance.
• Updates to current operating standards by revising existing documents as needed and maintain records of changes.
• Work closely with agency personnel to successfully deliver assigned documentation projects with a focus on customer communications and customer experience.
• Proactively works with Information Services teams to research product changes to determine scope of edits for assigned areas of documentation.
• Revise documentation to incorporate product updates, product enhancements and release notes to improve customer experience with our services.
• Provide input on documentation design and implementation, while refining customer touchpoints with technical documentation.
• Proofreading and editing to ensure consistency of language and style, as well as correct application of templates meeting branding requirements.
• Produce screenshots, flowcharts, swim-lanes, RACI charts, and other graphics.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• This position works in a comfortable office setting with a computer for a large percentage of the workday. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild. Occasional travel may be required.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services provides excellent service, expert guidance and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible.
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
Requirements include 60 semester hours toward a degree, plus two years of qualifying experience in performing work in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting a bachelor’s degree for the additional required experience.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess
• 2-4 years of experience with technical writing.
• 2-4 years of experience in cybersecurity, technology, or related field.
• Understanding of compliance regulations, security industry standards such as the NIST framework
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.