|Department||Department of Transportation|
|Date Opened||5/12/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/26/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
This position is located at ODOT's Central Office in the Construction Division.
ODOT Annual Salary:
Level III: $46,000.00
The primary function of the Transportation Specialist for the Construction Programs Branch will be maintaining and monitoring the AASHTOWare Project software. (http://www.aashtowareproject.org)
Major duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Fielding phone calls / emails from inter-department personnel and outside users, helping with any issues they might have.
• Creating and updating user passwords on a needed basis.
• Creating reports with the appropriate data from a variety of sources.
• Determining the needs of users and monitoring user access and security; Controls user’s access permissions and privileges.
• Support for Field Operations, assisting end users with software issues.
• Responsible for development, testing, implementing, and training new users on new software for department use.
• Maintaining data standards and writing database documentation.
Preference will be given to those who have the following Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Attention to detail
• Problem solve and analyze technical information
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Query data through Excel, SQL or MS Power BI (Business Intelligence)
• Proficient in MS Office
Incumbents perform advanced technical and/or entry level professional transportation work involving design, planning, construction, maintenance, or review of various types of transportation systems/projects. Responsibilities may be assigned in any area of transportation work, including oversight of a single construction project of small or moderate size and scope.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required at this level include those identified in Level II plus knowledge of technical engineering and/or environmental operations, Ability is required to exercise judgment in analyzing situations and determining sound courses of action; organize and conduct activities; provide training and guidance; make independent decision; and establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
The Oklahoma Department of Transportation (ODOT) ensures that no person or groups of persons shall, on the grounds of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, retaliation or genetic information, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any and all programs, services, or activities including all employment practices. To request an accommodation, please contact the ADA/504/508 Coordinator at 405-521-4140 or the Oklahoma Relay Service at 1-800-722-0353.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of three years of experience in transportation related work; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting 30 semester hours for each year of the required experience, including two college courses in mathematics, natural science, engineering or a closely related field.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.