|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||5/11/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/7/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $37,000.00 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to leading Oklahoma to prosperity through health. Our mission is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can thrive. We value respect, collaboration, and service.
OSDH is seeking a full time Community Health Worker providing support to Creek County Health Department This is a state employee position PIN 34004086 governed by the Civil Service Rules, in state government located in Sapulpa, Oklahoma. OSDH offers a comprehensive . The annual salary for this position is up to $37,000.00 based on education and experience
This position will conduct outreach and education services, targeting individuals who are at high risk for chronic disease complications, and works with a team of health care professionals to provide clients with opportunities to manage and improve their health by facilitating care coordination, enhancing access to community-based services, and addressing social determinants of health. This position will be assigned to the local health department and will be based in a primary care office and/or facility, working with individual patients as part of an integrated team of health care providers.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions:
• Meet with patients after being seen by their primary care physician or nurse practitioner, helping the patient understand their disease processes, their health care provider’s instructions, and follow-up and referral plans.
• Ensure primary care and specialty appointment instructions are understood and appointments are kept.
• Track and report patient encounters and maintain required records as directed. Maintain appropriate confidentiality of information.
• Act as patient advocate.
• Serve as single-entry contact for customers trying to access multiple state services.
• Provide client follow-up and monitoring, including phone calls and home visits with patients as needed.
• Serve as liaison between state agencies and local community programs.
• Assist patients in understanding their insurance and medication coverage.
• Assist patients in applying for Medicaid/medical assistance as needed.
• Assist patients in applying for medication assistance programs as needed.
• Assist patients in connecting with community resources.
• Collaborate with team to provide clients with the opportunity to manage and improve health, coordinate care, and provide clinical team with case findings.
• Actively participate in required training and professional development activities.
• Assist local health department with contact tracing as needed
• Maintain active patient caseload.
• Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior. Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of basic record keeping; Scheduling, data entry and of the techniques of interviewing; of basic methods of sanitation and personal hygiene; and of medical terminology. Strong relationship building and collaboration skills; excellent communication and facilitation skills; time management skills, and attention to detail. Ability to work independently and function as part of a team; Ability to follow oral and written directions; to plan and organize work assignments; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; and to judge a situation accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate-controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone.
Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|