|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||5/11/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/7/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $58,555.00, based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to leading Oklahoma to prosperity through health. Our mission is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can thrive. We value respect, collaboration, and service.
OSDH is seeking a full time Public Health Specialist I providing support to Acute Disease Service. This is a state employee position 34004233. governed by the Civil Service Rules, located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. OSDH offers a comprehensive . The annual salary for this position is up to $58,555.00, based on education and experience.
This position will be assigned responsibilities performed by the Acute Disease Service (ADS) related to Electronic Case Reporting (eCR) surveillance and the implementation and maintenance of eCR messages for infectious diseases. Activities include, but are not limited to, evaluating electronic case reports, developing integration pathways for eCR into existing surveillance systems, monitoring eCR activity/volume, assessing compliance with reporting standards, and communicating with laboratories, OSDH Rhapsody team, and ADS Staff to resolve identified issues in transmission or message structure or content. The position will also assist laboratories to onboard new eCR feeds for reportable conditions.
The mission of the ADS is to control communicable diseases through: surveillance for infectious diseases; investigation of disease outbreaks; analysis of data to plan, implement and evaluate disease prevention and control measures; dissemination of pertinent information; and education of healthcare professionals and the public. The functions described above for the person in this position are essential to the Service’s ability to accomplish infectious disease surveillance, investigation, and control.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions
• In collaborations with epidemiologist, author conditions in Reportable Conditions Knowledge Management System (RCKMS)
• Establish and maintain eCR messages for infectious diseases in accordance with national implementation guidelines
• Integrate eCR into existing surveillance systems
• Provide expert consultation to public and private health care providers regarding disease program requirements of eCR message formats and standards
• Perform valid statistical analyses to be used to improve eCR program performance
• Conduct quality assurance audits of eCR messages to identify reporting exceptions (e.g. issues with message structure or content, transmission anomalies, etc.)
• Communicate identified eCR issues and resolution steps to partners succinctly and in a timely manner, escalating issues as appropriate
• Establish and maintain reliable, efficient, and effective methods of communicating with internal and external partners via telephone and email
• Generate reports to monitor eCR volume
Other Duties: Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Applicants must possess knowledge of medical terminology, statistical analysis, diagnostic laboratory methods, and HL7 message structure.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; to meet with the public and conduct public information programs; to write technical and non-technical information material; to use a personal computer and applicable software and to manipulate large databases.
• Ability to perform basis data analysis, data cleaning, and data quality assessment with attention to detail.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
This position is set in an office environment with telework potential. While performing the duties of the job, employees are frequently required to stand, walk, lift, and reach. Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position. In-state travel is required to conduct investigations and infection control assessments at hospitals and other healthcare facilities in Oklahoma.
Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position. In-state travel is required to conduct investigations and infection control assessments at hospitals and other healthcare facilities in Oklahoma.
Bachelor’s degree in Health Informatics, Health Information Management, Healthcare Administration, Public Health, Health Science, Mathematics, Statistics or closely related field, and two years of working experience involving health informatics or Master’s degree with a focus in Health Informatics, Health Information Management, Healthcare Administration, Public Health, Health Science, Mathematics, Statistics or closely related field and one year of working experience involving health informatics.
Experience with the Health Language 7 (HL7) message format and experience with Rhapsody Integration Engine preferred.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|