A resume and cover letter must be submitted with your application.
As a Network Technician with OMES you will enjoy:
· Generous leave including 15 days of vacation, 15 days of sick leave and 11 paid holidays annually.
· A comprehensive Benefit Package with a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents.
• Full-time 40-hour work weeks.
• Support the Network Team/Information Services Division
• Salary is based on education and experience.
• Plan, develop, and implement wireless, telephone, data or other telecommunications or information technology programs and networks for the State
• Perform professional and technical work in providing data and/or voice network services for the State; establish and maintain networks and systems, perform preventive maintenance, evaluate systems performance, respond to malfunctions and operating problems, and identify and resolve causes
• Install, test, and modify data networks, voice networks, wireless networks, and other communication components; coordinate and perform systems tests; adjust, calibrate and modify equipment or components to conform to specifications, implement engineering or software changes or enhance systems performance
• Confer with agency users, representatives of other agencies and political subdivisions and others to determine requirements for wireless, voice, data, and other telecommunications services
• Coordinate requirements with technical staff, contractors, vendors, or others as needed to develop a plan of approach and provide for implementation of required tasks and activities
• Represent the agency or State at national, professional, or other meetings or functions concerning data or voice network requirements and activities
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Physical demands include the ability to bend, crouch, stoop, sit and/or lift objects weighing 50 pounds or more. The position uses manual equipment, including dollies and carts. Some extended hours including evenings and weekends maybe required.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services provides excellent service, expert guidance and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible.
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
• Requirements include one year of experience involving the installation, operation, repair or maintenance of a voice or data network; completion of a technical school or vendor training in the area of Computer Operations/Networking Technology; or professional certification such as CCNA, JNCIA and CompTIA Network+
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.