|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||5/10/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/7/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $58,000.00 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to leading Oklahoma to prosperity through health. Our mission is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can thrive. We value respect, collaboration, and service. This position will cover multiple counties, the duty station will be determined upon hire. Counties Covered: Creek, Kay, Lincoln, Noble, Osage, Pawnee and Payne County.
OSDH is seeking a full time Local Emergency Response Coordinator providing support to Region 3. This is a state employee position PIN 34002764 governed by the Civil Service Rules, in state government. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits packet, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance, follow this link Plan Year 2022.The annual salary for this position is up to $58,000.00 based on education and experience.
Responsible for coordinating emergency public response service activities at the county and community level, responds to public emergencies, lead the development and maintenance of community level coalitions (Local Emergency Planning Coalition, Mass Immunization/Prophylaxis Strategy (MIPS), Local Oklahoma Medical Reserve Corps chapters, Continuity of Operations (COOP), Pandemic Influenza (PanFlu), Care and Feed plans and local Hazard Mitigation Plans as needed or on an annual basis at a minimum. Additionally, the position coordinates with the County Emergency Operations Managers within the administrative regions.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions:
• Lead and supervise district emergency preparedness and response programs, operations, and staff
• Developing and maintaining strong collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders (local, county-wide, and state-wide) and community partners for involvement in emergency management activities
• Responding to emergencies: Coordinate the CHD response to public health emergencies
• Lead activities related to the development and maintenance of county Emergency Response Plans (these include Mass Immunization/Prophylaxis Strategy (MIPS), Pandemic Flu, Emergency Response Plans and Continuity of Operation Plans)
• Lead preparation for CDC site visits to inspect and score county MIPS plans. Must organize all partner cooperation, planning, training and documentation
• Participating in local preparedness exercises and drills. Includes: organizing and facilitating planning meetings for staff and stakeholder organizations
• Representing the CHD at emergency-management related coalitions
• Lead local Incident Command System and preparedness-related training records and activities
• Lead and oversee Medical Reserve Corp (MRC) staff and activities. Oversee coordination of trainings, recruitment activities, meetings, response activations, etc.
• Ensure local contact lists, calling trees, and call down rosters of staff and partner agencies is updated regularly and exercised
• Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
• Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
• Other duties as assigned.
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations regarding emergency services, disaster response, recovery, and mitigation; planning, development, implementation, and assessment of emergency management programs and response strategies relative to natural and manmade disasters. Ability to: coordinate various emergency preparedness and response activities across organizational lines; communicate effectively orally and in writing; train others in emergency response procedures and develop and conduct simulated drills and exercises; work under considerable pressure and stress in emergency situations; identify and recommend appropriate solutions to problems (decision making); and promote, establish, and maintain effective working relations with others.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. Some work will be performed in the community with exposure to varying conditions. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone. May be required to work hours other than regular schedule such as nights and weekends.
Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position.
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to leading Oklahoma to prosperity through health. Our mission is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can thrive. We value respect, collaboration, and service.
This position will cover multiple counties, the duty station will be determined upon hire. Counties Covered: Creek, Kay, Lincoln, Noble, Osage, Pawnee and Payne County.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|