|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||5/10/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/7/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $53,000.00, based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to leading Oklahoma to prosperity through health. Our mission is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can thrive. We value respect, collaboration, and service.
OSDH is seeking a full time Contract Monitor III providing support to Acute Disease Services. This is a state employee position PIN 34003890governed by the Civil Service Rules, in state government located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits packet, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance, follow this link Plan Year 2022. The annual salary for this position is up to $53,000.00, based on education and experience.
The primary function of this job is contract development with internal and external partners to develop grant-funded contracts/renewals/invitations to bid/requests for proposals for sub-recipient and vendor contracts according to the approved grant notice of award. This includes developing scopes of work and transmittals and obtaining approval on said contracts/renewals. The position provides technical assistance to all contractors and conducts site visits as needed. The position monitors all contracts as assigned to ensure each contractor is compliant and ensures that they are properly invoicing. The position provides feedback and reports for budgetary expenses. In order to provide the services outlined by the federal grant, the Acute Disease Service must have contracts with sub-recipients to ensure the implementation of grant objectives, activities and deliverables at the state and local levels. This position will also supervise three contract monitors and an Administrative Assistant.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions:
• Purchases and payments: Serve as the p-card holder for the Acute Disease Service. Review requests for purchases on state p-card and route for approval. Process purchases of approved airfare, lodging, and products utilizing the state p-card. Approve for payment. Submit p-card statement and supporting documentation in accordance with timelines established by OSDH P-Card Administrator. Also responsible for preparing requisitions, processing invoices and other fiscal duties.
• Supervise three contract monitors and an administrative assistant.
• Budget Preparation and Administration: Identify budgetary needs, prepare budgets for program state funds and the Epidemiology & Laboratory Capacity (ELC) federal cooperative agreement. Review reports of expenditures and collections. Review monthly budget status reports for administration state funds and the ELC grant. Participate in monthly budget meetings with the finance personnel to discuss BSR's, verify the status
• Grant preparation: Work with finance personnel, Acute Disease Service staff, and Public Health Laboratory staff to prepare ELC grant budget proposals, carryover requests, and requests for redirection within established deadlines. Maintain documentation of ELC grant budget transactions. Contract Development – Work with OSDH staff and external partners to develop grant-funded contracts/renewals/ITBs/RFPs for contracts according to the approved grant notice of award. This includes but is not limited to developing scopes of work, scoring tools for ITBs, and transmittals as well as obtaining the necessary approvals for contracts/renewals. Work with the grant managers to assist in developing the federal grant application and budgets for current and future contracts. As needed, work with appropriate OSDH staff to ensure the risk assessment is completed in order to develop the monitoring plan. Work with the OSDH Auditors to ensure compliance.
• Contract Monitoring – Monitor contracts according to the CMAD Manual and the contract monitoring plan. Assist the contractor with complying with the terms and conditions of the contract and applicable laws and regulations; preventing non-compliance by identifying and resolving potential problems by providing consultation and technical assistance. Maintain contract documentation. Review invoices and verify delivery of services. Process invoices within 10 working days of receipt unless additional documentation or corrections are requested. Review the monthly progress reports submitted by the contractor to ensure contract requirements are upheld. Work with the contractor, Budget and Funding, and Procurement to complete budget revisions and contract modifications. Complete site visits as needed.
• Technical Assistance-Assist contractors with complying with the terms and conditions of the contract and applicable laws and regulations; preventing non-compliance by identifying and resolving potential problems through consultation and technical assistance. Attend meetings to assist the contractor with any contractual issues that may arise. Maintain clear and effective communication with contractors on a regular basis and demonstrate good customer service skills.
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required at this level include knowledge of spelling, punctuation, and business English; of business mathematics; of modern office methods and procedures; of the maintenance of complex records; of the major policies and procedures governing assigned programs; and of supervisory principles and practices.
• Ability is required to maintain effective working relationships with others; to handle confidential work; to interpret and handle routine matters in accordance with agency policy; and to follow oral and written instructions.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate-controlled setting and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long periods of sitting and daily use of computer and phones. Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position.
Five years of technical clerical office work plus one year of experience involving contracting and purchasing; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
One year of supervisory experience preferred.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|