Quartz Mountain Lodge in Lone Wolf, OK
|Department||Tourism and Recreation Department|
|Date Opened||5/10/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/23/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department’s (OTRD) mission is to advance the exceptional quality of life in Oklahoma by preserving, maintaining, and promoting our natural assets and cultural amenities. OTRD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
OTRD is seeking a full-time Desk Clerk I to provide guest services at Quartz Mountain Lodge in Lone Wolf, OK. OTRD provides matching contributions to employees’ retirement plans, 11 holidays, and 15 days of annual and sick leave a year. OTRD also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including a benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. The annual salary for this position is $23,920.
Under general direction, greets arriving guests, checks guests in an out of accommodations, assigns rooms, takes reservations, and provides information about facilities.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
• Answers telephones, takes messages and provides information about lodge facilities.
• Checks guests into accommodations, assigns rooms and establishes guest accounts.
• Posts charges to guest accounts, including necessary corrections and transfers.
• Collects for charges, processes credit card vouchers and closes guest accounts.
• Reconciles and balances shift accounts.
• Receives walk-in and phone-in reservation requests.
• Prepares various reports under general direction.
• Prepares correspondence, monthly reports and other documents under general direction using various office equipment and software programs.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Knowledge of basic arithmetic and basic accounting procedures. Knowledge of computers and Microsoft Suite, including Work, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Knowledge of front desk procedures and lodge facilities. Must possess excellent customer service skills, be able to satisfactorily deal with the public (both in person and over the phone) and resolve minor complaints.
All applicants tentatively selected for this position will be required to submit to a background check.
High school graduate OR one (1) year of experience at a hotel front desk, or a customer service-related position.