|Department||Administrative Office of the Courts|
|Date Opened||5/5/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/5/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Salary commensurate with Education/Experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
To Apply: Submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements and availability date via email with “TS Webmaster Intern” in message title to:
The Oklahoma Court System is made up of the Supreme Court, the Court of Criminal Appeals, the Court of Civil Appeals, and 77 District Courts. Administrative services for the Court System are provided by the Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC). Among the AOC’s many responsibilities is operating OSCN, the state Judiciary’s website (www.oscn.net), which provides news, information, and services to the public. OSCN receives 1.7 million-page views per day from a variety of users, ranging from judges and other court officials to other state governmental entities, law schools and educators, the media, and the general public. One of those services is the website OSCN.net which was created to provide access to court information of the multiple courts, appeal decisions, promotion of several court programs, legal research, case/docket search, access to statewide forms and review of judicial biographies.
As a Webmaster intern, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a highly experienced team and join them in influencing the design, modernization, and functionality of the OSCN website serving the legal community and general public, with an eye on public relations and educating the public about the Judiciary. In the process you will gain valuable, resume-building skills, experiences, and work samples.
This position will assist with modernizing, integrating, and supporting the OSCN website, including the interface with other web applications for the AOC. The OSCN website is primarily developed in an ASP.NET / Microsoft SQL Server / Microsoft Active Directory environment including web services.
Responsibilities and essential functions will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Improving the quality, range, and timeliness of court news appearing on OSCN
• Perform research and analysis of how the highest courts of other states (and the United States Supreme Court) use their websites and social media
• Assisting with drafting and editing materials that appear on OSCN
• Working with court personnel involved with events that merit coverage on OSCN, including event organizers, photographers, and videographers
• Leverage OSCN to educate the public about the statewide judiciary in Oklahoma and to increase public relations
• Assist with maintaining existing web applications, performing necessary modifications, and implementing new features and content.
• Integrate new and existing COTS products into in-house applications and or other COTS products.
• Support an attractive and appealing website that suits our customers.
• Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers.
• Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets.
• Build page navigation buttons and search fields.
• Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look.
• Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders.
• Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness).
• Conduct design adjustments based on user feedback.
• Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images.
• Design, build and test web presentations, business and data access layers; including web usability testing.
• Create software design and support documentation, including graphical representations (UML, etc.), used for programming and testing.
• Work with Quality Assurance (QA) and Security team personnel to ensure software meets software quality and security standards.
• Estimate work needed to complete assigned tasks and commit to their completion. Conduct peer review of software designs, programs, and test results.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, e-mail, the Internet, PowerPoint, Visual Studio, Photoshop, and Adobe products.
• Understanding of modern web technologies, standards, and social media.
• Time-management skills and ability to interview for prospective stories as content for website.
• Strong detail-oriented, troubleshooting, research, and problem-solving skills.
• Strong writing and copy-editing skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience and familiarity with basic journalism practices and AP style
• All other duties as assigned.
Candidates who are eligible to work in the United States are encouraged to apply. The Administrative Office of the Courts will not sponsor a work visa (H-1B, etc.) to fill this position.
The Oklahoma Supreme Court is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Webmaster Intern candidates should have completed courses in a relevant field having experience through working on projects as part of their program. Any experience in website creation, graphic design or web development will be an advantage
• Minimum of one-year training or working in Graphic Design, preferred.
• Any experience with creating and supporting web-based applications on Microsoft IIS, a plus.
• Training or experience with international web standards and protocols, preferred.