Medical/North Fork Correctional Center, Sayre
|Department||Department of Corrections|
|Date Opened||5/4/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/2/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Medical/North Fork Correctional Center
Positions in these jobs plan, organize, manage, supervise, and perform nursing services for health care units for the department.
There are three Nursing Manager job levels (Nursing Manager I, II, III) that are distinguished by the complexity of the health care unit based on assigned duties, the level of expertise required for the completion of work assignments, and the responsibility assigned for the supervision of others. Each job level is tasked with a similar core set of job functions that increase in complexity with each progressive job level. The Nursing Manager III serves as a Regional Nursing Manager for health care units within their designated region or specialized medical unit. These positions may also work as a member of the Quality Assurance Team.
• Plans, organizes, and manages all professional nursing services; plans and conducts orientation and in-service training programs for nursing staff.
• Develops, implements, and reviews nursing policies and procedures for local operations and/or carries out medical service procedures; establishes objectives for the assigned nursing unit(s), and coordinates the activities of the assigned unit with other medical activities as appropriate.
• Ensures the appropriate physical facilities, supplies, equipment, and personnel are maintained for nursing department operations and functions; approves requisitions for supplies as appropriate.
• Checks overall nursing services schedules; reviews assignments of nursing personnel; ensures adequate coverage is provided.
• Plans, organizes, implements, and manages a systematic approach to quality management, including the use of valid performance measurements, quantitative and qualitative analysis and program evaluation.
• Performs specialized nursing functions, such as nursing assessments, planning, interventions, evaluations, health related education, case management, and administering medications and other treatments.
• May conduct Performance Improvement (Quality Assurance) Audits; research offender grievances and prepare responses; gather and process paperwork for reimbursement for Medicaid; provide nurse training and assist with nurse recruitment; manage electronic health records and create various monthly reports.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of professional nursing theory practices and techniques; of medical supplies; of primary health care programs; of budget, personnel, and purchasing procedures, and of federal and state rules and regulations concerning health services, accreditation, certification, licensure, and nursing standards. Knowledge of and skill in the use of appropriate information technology. Ability to develop, plan, and administer the effective nursing care program; to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to plan and conduct in-service training programs; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Statutorily Required: N/A
Job Code: Y13 Pay Band: M-N-P Statutory Reference: 74 O.S. § 840-5.5 or 5.11 Effective Date: 01/26/22
Level II: Possession of a valid Oklahoma license as a registered nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing, or Registered Nurse License recognized by the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) and three (3) years of professional nursing experience; or a bachelor’s degree in nursing and two (2) years of professional nursing experience; or a master’s degree in nursing and one (1) year of professional nursing experience.