|Department||Oklahoma Educational Television Authority|
|Date Opened||5/2/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/23/2022 08:40:00 AM|
|Salary||Salary listed in the Announcement.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma Educational Television Authority announces the opening of the full-time position titled Videographer located in the News & Public Affairs Department in Oklahoma City. The most qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
This position is primarily responsible for shooting and editing news stories for live broadcast on the weekly statewide news program, the Oklahoma News Report (ONR), station website and news blog, and all current and future media platforms, including social media.
• Recording moving video and still images in the field by operating ENG cameras (Sony XD-Cam) and produces stories on non-linear editing equipment (Avid);
• Posting news content, including video, audio, text and still images to station website and other platforms;
• Maintaining equipment in proper working conditions.
• Working independently under direction of news management;
• Performing other news and public affairs duties, as assigned, including operating studio cameras and working on other news and public affairs programs; and
• Editing of own work and that of others; and newsgathering
Salary range: $36,000-$44,000 dependent on experience. A generous benefit package including health, leave, retirement plus much more is included.
OETA IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
• Successful completion of formal education in photojournalism or cinematography or equivalent training and/or job-related work experience.
• Work experience with ENG video recording equipment required, with preference for candidates with Sony XD Cam experience.
• Experience with Avid non-linear editing system or other non-linear system required.
• Understanding of visual news storytelling with effective pictures, lighting, and audio.
• Knowledge of Oklahoma politics, laws, culture, economy, geography, history and topics of statewide interest will be helpful.
• Successful candidates must have:
o Ability to work a flexible schedule including occasional nights and weekends.
o Ability to shoot and edit with speed and creativity in newsroom or field environment.
o Ability to lift up to 50lbs and have a valid Oklahoma driver’s license.
o Ability to do photography and reporting that requires mobility in variety of indoor and outdoor locations exposed to prevalent weather conditions and terrain.