|Department||Employment Security Commission|
|Date Opened||4/28/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/24/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Commensurate upon education and experience .|
|Full or Part Time||
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT STATE EMPLOYEE, PLEASE APPLY TO THE “INTERNAL JOBS” LISTING HERE. DO NOT APPLY VIA THIS RECRUITMENT.
This position is located at the Information Technology Center, Will Rogers Building, OKC
• Vacancies: Two
• Working Hours: M-F; 8-5; flexibility is allowed by Division / Chief Technology Officer (CTO) approval
• Salary: Commensurate upon education and experience
• FLSA Status: Exempt
• Location: OKC
• Telework Status: Occasional telework allowable with CTO approval
• Training: On-the job; online learning platforms
• Supervisory: No
• Travel: Applicants must be willing and able to fulfill all job-related travel normally associated with this position. Typically, minimal travel is required.
The State of Oklahoma offers a comprehensive Benefits Packet, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents.
Position Summary of Responsibilities
• Oversight, planning, and development of the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission (OESC) using various methods ensuring conformity with applicable federal, state and agency laws, rules, policy, and regulations.
• Review systems specifications for compliance with departmental, division and database administration standards.
• Confer with computer operations, technical support, user, and vendor representatives concerning database requirements, system performance, software maintenance, capacity planning, and data security requirements.
• Support repository/database dictionary requirements and activities; develop, implement, and monitor control blocks and data definitions to support databases.
• Provide applications development and other unit personnel with database and data security information required to support application development and other activities.
Position Essential Functions
*Ensure maximum database availability, performance, and security by utilizing best industry practices, and provide database-related assistance to end users and application developers.
*Design and implement online databases, security access systems, data sets and jobs; define parameters for file or space utilization; establish direct access files or other file configurations as required; monitor space utilization and makes modifications as needed.
*Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, and code comments.
*Install and modify vendor software products; conduct appropriate tests to ensure compatibility of new or modified programs with operating system requirements; use database performance and tuning tools in order to monitor and enhance response times and system performance.
*Respond to database operational emergencies as required, including database recoveries involving the use of database log files, which provide for the recovery of databases with no loss of data and do not require the user to re-enter data into the database.
* Create queries, stored procedures, functions, and other database objects.
* Perform other data management processes utilizing database protocols.
These job functions, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Competencies, and Abilities required
at this level consist of knowledge of information technology; of repository/data dictionary systems; of data security systems; and of database maintenance utilities.
Ability is required to apply data processing analysis techniques; to resolve and prevent database integrity problems; to communicate effectively; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; and to perform highly independent work in the design, analysis, and maintenance of database and/or data security systems.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
Work is typically performed in an office setting with climate-controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires regular periods of sitting or standing and daily use of computer and phone. It also requires the occasional use of the office machinery in accordance with safety and security protocols.
An EEO Employer.
Education and Experience Requirements
A bachelor’s degree and 5 or more years of professional experience in database administration.
*Broad Knowledge of data architecture.
*Experience in hands-on query writing.
*Background in Postgres, Microsoft SQL, SSIS, Azure SQL, and BigQuery.