|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||4/22/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/7/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to leading Oklahoma to prosperity through health. Our mission is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can thrive. We value respect, collaboration, and service. Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions: Other Duties: Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Physical Demands and Work Environment: Travel Requirements:
This position will cover multiple counties. Duty station determined upon hire. Counties Covered: Atoka, Bryan, Choctaw, Coal, Latimer, Leflore, McCurtain, Pittsburg, and Pushmataha County Health Departments.
OSDH is seeking a full time Public Information Officer providing support to Region 9. This is a state employee position PIN 34001693 governed by the Civil Service Rules, is state government. OSDH offers a comprehensive . The annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
Level I - Up to $53,000.00
Level II - Up to $60,000.00
This position will be responsible for researching, writing and editing various materials for media, and presenting information for a state agency, managing social media platforms for local health department.
• Establishes, develops and maintains contact with media, professional and civic organizations and other special interest groups to promote agency programs.
• Prepares, edits, coordinates and distributes news releases.
• Prepares speeches, agency newsletters, brochures, web pages, broadcast scripts and other agency informational releases; coordinates major public relations or advertising campaigns for the agency.
• Develops special educational and promotional materials for presentation at exhibits, fairs, festivals, conferences and schools; conducts tours of agency.
• Represents agency at civic and professional groups.
• Instructs, trains and may supervise the activities of others.
• Serves as photographer for an agency.
• Serves as project leader for special PR projects of an agency.
• Manages all social media platforms.
• Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
• Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
Level I & II - Advanced knowledge of English usage, including grammar and composition; of public relations principles and techniques; of accepted styles for materials released to various media; of media sources and their capabilities; of visual graphics and video techniques; of agency's objectives; and of editing techniques and procedures. Ability is required to write and edit; to gather and organize pertinent data; to uphold and practice public relations principles and codes of ethics; to deliver informational presentations; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; and to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
This position is set in an office environment. While performing the duties of the job, employees are frequently required to stand, walk, lift, and reach.
Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions:
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Level I - Bachelor's degree in journalism, communication, marketing, English or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience in writing and editing, radio and/or television, public relations or serving as a public information officer.
Level II - Same as the Level I plus one year of experience in writing and editing, radio and/or television, public relations or serving as a public information officer; or an equivalent combination of education and experience and one year of experience in writing and editing, radio and/or television, public relations or serving as a public information officer.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|