|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||4/21/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/7/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $18.00/hour, based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to leading Oklahoma to prosperity through health. Our mission is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can thrive. We value respect, collaboration, and service.
OSDH is seeking a part time Interpreter/Translator providing support to Leflore County Health Department This is a state employee position PIN 34000830 governed by the Civil Service Rules, in state government located in Poteau, Oklahoma. The hourly salary for this position is up to $18 an hour based on education and experience.
This position will provide English/Spanish interpreter and translation services to Limited English Proficiency (LEP) clients at the county health departments with LEP clients.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions:
• Support OSDH in Title VI mandated requirements to provide Limited English Proficient (LEP) clients/patients/customers access to public health resources.
• Facilitates access to services for LEP clients through the utilization of medical terminology to translate documents, correspondence, forms, questionnaires (both written and verbal), pamphlets and other materials from English to Spanish or vice-versa.
• Interpret for clients/staff in order to communicate public health information and/or personal medical/health information. Interprets either in person or via the telephone.
• Be a resource for LEP clients by recognizing indications of problems, gathering information, analyzing situations, reaching conclusions, working with others, and initiating appropriate action.
• Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
• Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
• This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of interpreter’s role, ethics, skills, advocacy allowed in health settings, medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, human organ systems in both English and Spanish. Knowledge of English and Spanish grammatical rules. Skills in interpreting, advocating for patients, role-playing, ethical decision making and applying medical terminology. Ability to read, write and speak English and Spanish. Knowledge of and ability to apply English and Spanish language and grammar rule in order to properly translate and interpret. Skills in writing class curriculum for Interpretation/Translation classes. Knowledge of cultural competency skills to incorporate strategies for interacting with people from diverse backgrounds.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is typically performed in an office or clinic setting with a climate controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting, standing, and daily use of computer and phone.
Ability to read, write and speak English and Spanish.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|