|Department||Administrative Office of the Courts|
|Date Opened||4/19/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/18/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Salary commensurate with Education/Experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
To Apply: Submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements and availability date via email with “Database Administrator” in message title to:
Salary commensurate with Education/Experience
Reporting to the Data Systems Manager, the Database Administrator is responsible for the design, installation, implementation, administration, support, security and documentation of databases.
The Database Administrator is responsible for all database management functions for the Administrative Office of the Courts. The Administrator will be responsible for the tactical planning, administration, and support of all database applications.
Working with other senior and junior database administrators, performs database tasks such as architecture design, security planning, performance tuning, capacity planning, backups, monitoring, database maintenance, trouble shooting, disaster recovery, ETL operations, reporting, replication and change control activities.
The Database Administrator provides key data recommendations and best practice solutions to project teams as requested. Will be responsible for all activities associated with the administration and operation of database platforms: implementing data models and designs, creating database tables, indexes, triggers and views to support new and existing applications, design and implementing incremental and full backup policies and procedures, monitoring database size and performance, tuning SQL queries, developing prototypes to demonstrate proposed functionality, produce support documentation, and provide production support. Install SQL Server software, upgrades and patches, facilitate root cause analysis on database issues, enforce security of application access to databases, perform benchmarking analysis to properly size hardware platforms, and maintain technical documentation relating to database management.
Responsibilities and Functions:
• Ensuring data integrity, data security and performance of production databases.
• Work as an integral part of the Data Systems team and cross functional teams as well as independently, when required.
• Work closely within the Oklahoma Judiciary to establish tactical plans for storing and warehousing court data.
• Design and construct highly available and secure databases, data warehouses, data marts, and business intelligence platforms.
• Support departmental operations in a high-throughput production environment by proactively managing the performance, integrity, and security of Court Applications' databases and database servers.
• Setup, monitor, and maintain disaster recovery solutions for production databases.
• Create databases and database objects such as tables, indexes, views, triggers, and stored procedures.
• Create and maintain customized database reports using Reporting Services or PowerBI and perform data analysis.
• Participate in the management of the hardware and software as related to the operations of the SQL Server DBMS, including system development, maintenance, and recommendations of purchases of new hardware and software.
• Under limited supervision, maintain reliability of data and databases, and assist in developing and implementing standard operating procedures for database maintenance and configuration.
• Responsible for synchronizing and migrating data and database objects between development, quality assurance, and production environments.
• Mentor and provide support to other Database Administrators and Software Applications Developers in best practices for database design, programming, and tuning.
• Work as a member of the technology team to assist in providing maximum availability and support of information technology systems.
• Support the development of data loads and extracts.
• Run diagnostics and maintain operation logs and documentation
• Setup, manage, and maintain database and reporting services security.
• Provide on-call support as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
• 5+ years of hands-on experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2016, 2017, or 2019 with at least 3 year’s database administration experience.
• Experience maintaining multiple large database systems consisting of normalized and de-normalized data and table structures.
• Experience maintaining and administering a SQL Server Reporting Services server.
• Experience in the use of Power BI to produce production reports and visualizations.
• Experience with data modeling techniques, including normal form and dimensional modeling.
• Experience with the use and maintenance of Analysis Services Servers.
• Experience with physical data modeling techniques including use of primary and foreign key indexes, materialized views, system aggregates, etc.
• System architecture, including database and system performance tuning, as well as hardware and network workload balancing experience.
• Experience implementing virtual data marts.
• Experience with ETL operations using (but not limited to) Integration Services.
• Working knowledge of Windows Server 2012 or 2016 Operating Systems.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (365 and/or latest desktop version)
• Must be able to show initiative and flexibility in a dynamic environment.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Ability to maintain a consistent technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications; establishing personal networks; participating in technical societies
• Familiarity with MySQL and PostgreSQL(PLSQL) is a plus.
• Experience with Court operations is preferred.
Occasional travel to remote office locations within the state of Oklahoma.
The State of Oklahoma has an excellent benefits package including 3 weeks of vacation, employee retirement and health benefit plans. Applicant must be willing to self-relocate if applicable. Potential opportunity for partial remote work week after 90 days. Position open until filled. Submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements and availability date via email with “Database Administrator” in message title to firstname.lastname@example.org The Supreme Court of Oklahoma Administrative Office of the Courts 2100 N. Lincoln Blvd., Suite 3 Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73105. http://www.oscn.net
• Bachelors’ of science degree from an accredited college in Computer Science/Information Systems, math, engineering or related technical field.
• MSCA SQL 2016 Database Administration or equivalent and MSCA SQL 2016 Database Development is a plus.
• Advanced degree is a plus.