|Department||Department of Corrections|
|Date Opened||4/18/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/19/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
OCI/Lexington Assessment and Reception Center
Salary: $3,863.67 monthly
Positions in this job family are responsible for safely transporting Oklahoma Correctional Industries (OCI) and/or Agri-Services products to customers within the State of Oklahoma or transport and delivery of canteen products between Oklahoma Correctional Facilities. This position will oversee the loading and unloading of products and maintain necessary records and documentation of delivery and required driving logs.
The functions performed in this job family will vary by level, unit and organization, but may include the following:
• Delivers products to OCI and Agri-Services customers within specified deadlines, ensuring quality of product.
• Safely operates Oklahoma Department of Corrections (ODOC) vehicles, observing all State and Federal Department of Transportation rules and regulations.
• Supervises the safe and accurate loading and unloading of products for the customer or facility.
• Supervises Department of Corrections inmates in loading, unloading, delivery and set up of OCI products and the delivery of Agri-Services and canteen products at facilities and customer locations; responsible for inmate custody.
• Performs daily maintenance and safety inspections on vehicles, including checking oil, lights, tires, and other fluids.
• Complies fully with policies and procedures regarding institutional security issues such as tool control, and toxic/caustic substance control.
• Maintains proper daily production rate.
• Receives and controls product and documentation; completes required paperwork in a timely manner.
Levels are distinguished based on the complexity of assigned duties, the level of expertise required for completion of work assignments, and the responsibility assigned for the supervision of others.
The Correctional Product Delivery Truck Driver job family consists of one level and incumbents are responsible for performing all functions associated with the assigned position.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required include knowledge of the techniques of safe vehicle operation and of traffic laws and regulations. Skill is required to operate delivery vehicles and to perform routine preventive maintenance. Ability is required to prepare and maintain records and reports; to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Applicants must possess a valid Oklahoma driver’s license, Class A, with appropriate endorsements referenced in United States Department of Transportation Title 47, Chapter 6, Section 101 et seq., at time of appointment. Applicants must take and pass a drug test prior to appointment, as required in 49 Code of Federal Regulations, parts 40 and 382. Applicants must be willing and able to perform all job-related travel normally associated with this position. While performing the duties of this job, employees are frequently required to stand, walk, lift, and reach. Routinely, employees are required to sit, stoop, and kneel. The Department of Corrections has determined that some positions in this job family are safety sensitive as defined by?63 O.S. § 427.8.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.