Mental Health/LARC, Lexington
|Department||Department of Corrections|
|Date Opened||4/15/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/23/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT STATE EMPLOYEE, PLEASE APPLY TO THE “INTERNAL JOBS” LISTING HERE. DO NOT APPLY VIA THIS RECRUITMENT
Mental Health/Lexington Assessment and Reception Center
Under general direction, performs professional work in the diagnosis and treatment of mental health patients in a correctional facility.
• Responsible for the psychiatric medical management of the inmates at the institution assigned; examines diagnoses, and treats all inmates who present signs and symptoms of mental illness; routinely re-evaluates and re-examines all inmates on psychotropic medication on a regular appropriately timed basis.
• Gives appropriate medical orders to the paraprofessional staff of health care providers and mental health personnel.
• Evaluates existing treatment programs and makes recommendation of revisions of programs.
• Assists in developing and implementing mental health policies and procedures to be used at the assigned institution; developing standards of care compatible with the standards recommended for mental health services by the American Correctional Association.
• Assists wardens, administrative, and correctional staff in the understanding and supervision of those inmates with mental health problems; and provides in-service education for other health care personnel, psychology personnel, and correctional custody officials as needed.
• Keeps abreast of modern developments in mental health treatment and remains able to set the course for a health care team.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of principles and practices of applied psychiatry and of the use of psycho pharmacologic medications. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships; to exercise independent judgement; to analyze a situation and adopt an effective course of action; to successfully diagnose, clarify, and treat patients in an acceptable manner; and to interpret complex instructions, both oral and written.
Job Code: 2093 DOC Pay Grade: Medical Statutory Reference: 74 O.S. § 840-5.5 or 5.11 Effective Date: 08-01-02
Statutorily Required: N/A
Licensure to practice medicine in the state of Oklahoma and be eligible or certified to practice psychiatry.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.