|Department||Administrative Office of the Courts|
|Date Opened||4/11/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/10/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Salary commensurate with Education/Experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
Submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements and availability date via email with “Senior Network Administrator” in message title to:
Senior Network Administrator
This Position may be based in OKC or Tulsa depending on the candidate selected.
Salary commensurate with Education/Experience
This position reports to the Manager of Networks and is responsible for the Supreme Court’s network infrastructure, which includes; network security, core switching, core routing, wireless, IP phones, and WAN/LAN. The Senior Network Administrator will be in charge of insuring that the network services are adequate for the needs of the organization. The Senior Network Administrator will also be responsible for designing and implementing a new network architecture while invoking security practices.This position reports to the Manager of Networks and is responsible for the Supreme Court’s network infrastructure, which includes; network security, core switching, core routing, wireless, IP phones, and WAN/LAN. The Senior Network Administrator will be in charge of insuring that the network services are adequate for the needs of the organization. The Senior Network Administrator will also be responsible for designing and implementing a new network architecture while invoking security practices.
The Senior Network Administrator will utilize their abilities to “future proof” the organizations network infrastructure to meet the ever-growing demands of tomorrow. They will also possess an independent freethinking persona that can effectively present ideas to management and colleagues. Additionally, the Senior Network Administrator will possess the ability to exercise good judgment while handling daily activities and implementations, the ability to discern risks associated with production changes, and to follow the AOC change management process.
The Senior Network Administrator will possess the ability to identify problems and create solutions; and possess a good understanding of current technologies as well as future concepts and industry trends. Additionally, they will possess the ability to manage time, costs and resources to complete objectives, as well as managing the expectations of project sponsors and stakeholders.
Responsibilities and functions will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Provides network designs and innovative technical solutions based on process and technical requirements.
• Responsible for the design and implementation of the organization’s network architecture and future planning.
• Takes a lead role in major network initiatives, network designs, and deployments as well as coordinating technical issues with clients and internal teams.
• Creates, coordinates, and executes implementation plans.
• Tests and certifies IOS features before production rollout.
• Solves problems using expert-level troubleshooting, and serves as a point person to work through a problem to its resolution.
• Provides mentoring to Network Administrators and Technicians.
• Provides detailed and effective communication to internal and external clients.
• Identifies, evaluates, selects, and integrates support tools.
• Interfaces and maintains relationships with users, partners, and internal technical and development teams.
• Attends meetings for the purpose of communications and/or gathering information to build healthy partnerships throughout the court to serve our customers business objectives.
• Collaborates with MIS unit and personnel meeting end-user needs with the best possible solutions according to court standards for actively working to build healthy partnerships throughout the courts to have better serve our customers in meeting their business objectives.
• Develop knowledge of court’s network resources (e.g. file servers, network operating systems, e-mail systems, user accounts, and related components) for the purpose of designing, implementing, and maintaining existing network-based technologies
• Develops standards, procedures, and documentation for ensuring a secure network environment.
• Participates as a court resource in large-scale project implementations in providing technical support and other duties as assigned for implementing key initiatives associated with the court’s strategic direction.
• Performs advanced planning and project management for developing new network technology initiatives and its impact and integration into production.
• Prepares written technical support documentation and/or conveys information for providing exceptional customer service that exceeds their expectations.
• Researches resources and methods (e.g., journals, literature, vendor information, etc.) to maintain current working knowledge of new and emerging technologies as well as state and federal rules, regulations, and policies for the purpose of architecting, delivering and maintaining a reliable and stable network infrastructure appropriate to support the core objectives of the court.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Working knowledge of internet routing and security.
• Expert knowledge of IP networking NAT, TCP/IP, multicast, etc.
• An understanding of layered network designs and hierarchal network infrastructure models.
• Working knowledge of Windows and Windows Server operating systems.
• Required to perform multiple, technical tasks with a need to upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill-based competencies required to perform the functions of the job include effective customer service skills; providing technical advice and instruction to non-technical staff; personal computer operation and ability to learn and operate a variety of software programs.
• Required to perform advanced math; understand written procedures, write routine documents, and speak clearly; and understand multi-step written and oral instructions. Specific knowledge-based competencies required to perform the functions of the job include knowledge of SNMP, SolarWinds, Aruba switches and wireless, ClearPass, Cisco IOS, TACACs, Call Manager, Imperva, Palo Alto, along with developing and maintaining networking principles in a multi-platform environment.
The State of Oklahoma has an excellent benefits package including 3 weeks of vacation, employee retirement and health benefit plans. Applicant must be willing to self-relocate if applicable. Position open until filled. Submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements and availability date via email with “Senior Network Administrator” in message title to firstname.lastname@example.org The Supreme Court of Oklahoma Administrative Office of the Courts 2100 N. Lincoln Blvd., Suite 3 Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73105. http://www.oscn.net
Candidates who are eligible to work in the United States are encourages to apply. The Administrative Office of the Courts will not sponsor a work visa (H-1B, etc.) to fill this position.
As a condition of employment, any successful candidate who receives an offer of employment will be required to pass a background investigation.
The Oklahoma Supreme Court is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or a substitution of 8 years of related experience.
• Five or more years of enterprise network engineering experience.
o Comp TIA A+
o Comp TIA Network+
o Comp TIA Security+
o MCSE – plus
• Advanced knowledge and hands-on experience with Cisco and Aruba equipment and software.
• Experience developing complex network designs and solutions.
• Experience with a wide range of WAN/LAN network topologies including MPLS, LTE/4G, DSL, Ethernet, Frame Relay, VoIP, and Wireless.
• Hands on experience implementing and integrating routing protocols BGP/IBGP; must have expert knowledge of Layer 2 and 3 switching.
• Experience with network security appliances such as Palo Alto or Cisco, IDS/IPS systems, FSM, etc.;
• Experience with designing and maintaining large cabling infrastructure.
• Experience with developing complex network documents and presentations using tools such as PowerPoint and Visio.