Mental Health/Mabel Bassett, McLoud
|Department||Department of Corrections|
|Date Opened||4/8/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/23/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Mental Health/Mabel Bassett Correctional Center
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Under general direction of the designated Clinical Coordinator or supervising psychologist, performs professional clinical social work services in the diagnosis and/or treatment of incarcerated mentally ill patients.
• As a member of a multi-disciplinary correctional mental health services team, applies professional knowledge of the principles and practice of clinical social work in a correctional setting.
• Applies a broad range of social work skills to diagnose and modify behavioral patterns of offenders with mental illness and assists offenders in identifying and resolving individual, interpersonal, and environmental problems.
• Manages a mental health caseload and provides clinical social work services on both an inpatient and outpatient basis.
• Evaluates the needs of individuals and families, obtains psychosocial history; assesses needs and links individuals and families with available mental health, medical and social services.
• Participates in interagency staff conferences for the purpose of overall program planning.
• Consults with individual and community organizations on the improvement of existing resources. Provides education, consultation, and technical assistance to professional staff, community organizations, agencies and other groups.
• Supervises clinical social work practicum and intern students, working closely with their respective university graduate programs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge required at this level includes knowledge of: principles and practices of clinical social work; medical and mental health care terminology, practices and procedures within a correctional setting; the principles of family health; psychosocial aspects of human relations; community, state and national mental health and welfare resources; the principles of interviewing; medical/mental health evidence-based practices; systems of health care and social welfare/entitlement services; and criminogenic needs and interventions. Required skills include but are not limited to: interagency and interdisciplinary boundary spanning and networking; interpersonal and professional communication skills; professional consulting skills; professional training skills; psychotherapy skills; and excellent professional writing skills. Required abilities include but are not limited to the ability to: establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with a wide range of correctional, mental health, and medical professionals; establish and maintain a therapeutic alliance with the offender/patient; exercise good judgment in analyzing complex correctional/clinical situations and making appropriate decisions; maintain professional boundaries; and serve as a role model and trainer/supervisor for clinical social work students/interns.
Job Code: 1032 DOC Pay Grade: 10 Statutory Reference: 74 O.S. Â§ 840-5.5 or 5.11 Effective Date: 07-03-2018
Statutorily Required: N/A
Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW) from an accredited college or university and be licensed or eligible to be licensed by the State of Oklahoma as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
Licensed clinical social worker with at least one year of experience in juvenile or adult correctional/criminal justice settings.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.