|Date Opened||4/8/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/7/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$2916.66 Monthly $35,000 Annually|
|Full or Part Time||
STATE OF OKLAHOMA
OFFICE OF THE STATE TREASURER
Claims Auditor I
Starting Monthly Salary Range: $2,916.66
Starting Annual Salary Range: $35,000.00
* This announcement will be used to fill multiple vacancies.
* Please attach a resume to your application.
* Please attach a copy of transcripts and certifications to your application.
About The Job:
The Oklahoma State Treasurer is seeking a detail-oriented and hard-working individual to join our Unclaimed Property Division located at the Commerce Center 9520 N. May Ave in Oklahoma City. The duty of the unclaimed property program is to return unclaimed property to proven rightful owners or their heirs. Unclaimed property may include personal valuables, stock certificates, oil/gas/mineral royalties, cash, and abandoned safety deposit box contents.
A Claims Auditor performs office reviews of claims and other business records and documents to determine or verify compliance with laws and regulations. Advises claimants concerning the interpretation and application of statutes and regulations pertaining to unclaimed property, and depending on the complexity, consults with supervisory or lead staff members on proper action/s to be taken in processing a claim.
State employees enjoy a comprehensive Benefit Package with a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents, retirement savings plan, 11 paid holidays, and longevity payments. Employees are provided a benefit allowance to spend towards their benefits. Employees earn 15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave in the first year of employment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate-controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to communicate, move about inside the office, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long periods of remaining in a stationary position and daily use of computer and phone.
The functions within this job family will vary by level, but may include the following:
• Communicate professionally with internal and external stakeholders in person, on the telephone and in writing.
• Initiate and maintain cooperative relationships with co-workers, managers and supervisors, claimants, and members of the public.
• Performs increasingly difficult office reviews of claims and other business records and documents to determine or verify compliance with laws and regulations.
• Advises claimants concerning the interpretation and application of the statutes and regulations pertaining to unclaimed property, and depending on the complexity, consults with supervisor or lead staff member on proper action to be taken.
• Maintains records and submits oral and written reports concerning cases and activities.
• Confers with attorneys, accountants, and other professionals in administering the unclaimed property laws of the State.
• Performs other related work and duties as required and assigned.
• Builds relationships and team climate in which employees are encouraged to meet their full potential and promote agency excellence while serving claimants and the public.
Complexity Of Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• General accounting & bookkeeping principles and practices
• Principles and practices of business organization and management.
• Professional business communications (i.e. letters, emails, phone etiquette).
• State unclaimed property law and regulations and their applications.
• Determining unclaimed property claim duties based upon review of records.
• Expressing ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees, and the public.
• Communicate effectively with difficult or irate customers and provide de-escalation techniques when needed.
• Use computers in reviewing, analyzing, and calculating.
• Maintain a professional demeanor in all situations.
• Use good judgment.
• Critical thinking.
• Read, interpret, and apply various rules and regulations.
• Be proficient with PC office software, Microsoft Office Suite, desktop tools, and data entry ability.
• Demonstrate strong analytical interpersonal, problem solving, time management and negotiation skills.
• Be detail-oriented with research and investigative techniques.
• Core working hours for the Unclaimed Property Division are Monday through Friday, 0800 am to 5:00pm.
• Flex-time may be available at agency discretion upon successful demonstration of proficiency and understanding of assigned job duties.
• All new hire employees are subject to a minimum 6-month trial period.
• This position is at-will and Non-Exempt.
If education, certification, or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation with application.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship and are subject to a background check.
All applicants may be subject to an authorized credit check at agency discretion.
This job description is not designed to cover nor contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the applicant selected for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice based upon agency and division needs.
The Office of the State Treasurer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requirements at this level consist of
• Completion of a bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or public administration.
• 1-year of qualifying experience in business, accounting, finance, or public administration.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|