|Department||Teachers' Retirement System|
|Date Opened||4/6/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/27/2022 07:59:00 AM|
|Salary||$100,000 - $125,000 (Commensurate with experience)|
|Full or Part Time||
SOFTWARE APPLICATION DEVELOPER The Teachers’ Retirement System of Oklahoma (TRS) is seeking to fill a Software Application Developer position. This is a full-time state employee position the Civil Service and Human Capital Modernization Rules. JOB DESCRIPTION The following list includes the essential duties for this position but is neither all-inclusive nor restrictive. Assigned duties will be modified based on operational needs. • Write clean, scalable code using .NET languages
At Will Position
Recruitment Notice: #2022-003
FLSA Status: exempt
Salary Range: $100,000 - $125,000 (Commensurate with experience)
Posting Date: April 6, 2022 (open until filled)
TRS offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of medical, dental, and life insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents (disability insurance available for employees only);
• Defined benefit retirement plan (Employer pays all contributions on behalf of employees);
• Deferred compensation plan (Employer pays a $25 match and employees can contribute up to IRS limits);
• 3 weeks paid annual and 3 weeks paid sick leave in the first year;
• 11 paid holidays annually; and
• Annual longevity payment after two years of service.
• Remote work available
This position is responsible for planning and development of automated applications systems to support the business needs of the organization. This includes review and analysis of user functions and activities, evaluation of available resources and current systems, and the development and testing of appropriate programs or systems. This position works with users, management and others to identify and define long- and short-range information systems requirements.
• Proven Experience with following technologies and languages: WPF Framework, Entity Framework, WCF, C#, LINQ, ASP.NET, RAZOR, XML, MVC, IIS, SQL Server, and T-SQL
• Experience with IIS and SQL Server administration
• Experience with T-SQL
• Produce deliverables related to the assigned projects, perform analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of systems and procedures to solve complex business problems
• Participate in all phases of SDLC and project management including review and analyze organization’s business needs, confer with users to evaluate requirements, discuss solutions, and develop plans of approach, including completion time estimates and UAT plans.
• Perform ongoing maintenance and review of applications systems and programs
• Develop prototypes, user interfaces, and output formats to ensure ease of use, functionality, and accessibility
• Coordinate with other developers to identify areas of improvement, then create the specifications for the solution.
• Prepare program documentation to support new or enhanced systems and applications
• Participate in structured walk-throughs and other activities to review systems, and provide training and support
• Study feasibility of proposed software applications or system modifications by identifying potential requirements and system restrictions to guide project development
SOFTWARE APPLICATION DEVELOPER
The Teachers’ Retirement System of Oklahoma (TRS) is seeking to fill a Software Application Developer position. This is a full-time state employee position the Civil Service and Human Capital Modernization Rules.
The following list includes the essential duties for this position but is neither all-inclusive nor restrictive. Assigned duties will be modified based on operational needs.
• Write clean, scalable code using .NET languages
Requirements include a bachelor’s degree in computer science or management information systems from an accredited college or university; or a vocational or technical education course resulting in certification in computer applications equivalent to a bachelor’s degree; or five years of computer applications experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
• Working knowledge of the following frameworks/languages: ASP.NET, C#, Entity Framework, and Linq
• Experience with Windows Server and Azure administration