|Department||District Attorneys Council|
|Date Opened||4/5/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/7/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$30,000 - $45,000 + Benefits|
|Full or Part Time||
Division: Federal Grants
Starting Salary Range: $30,000 - $45,000 + Benefits
Supervisor: Federal Grants Division Director
Applications Accepted: April 22, 2022
The District Attorneys Council, Federal Grants Division is seeking an Accounting Technician to assist the Financial Managers in the administration of federal grants from the U.S. Department of Justice.
ABOUT THE AGENCY
The District Attorneys Council (DAC) is located north of downtown Oklahoma City and is the administrative and coordinating agency for the 27 district attorneys in Oklahoma. The agency provides required training for the district attorney system, handles payroll and insurance, serves as a legislative liaison, is the state administering agency for several federal grants, and serves as home to the Oklahoma Crime Victims Compensation Board.
• Payroll Review – Keeping the DA personnel list updated and working with DA subgrantees regarding personnel changes.
• Setting up initial budgets in Grant Project Costing (GPC) within PeopleSoft.
• Assisting in Purchase Order creation and Change Orders.
• Creating Projects and Activities in GPC.
• Distributing the District Report each month and working with the DA subgrantees regarding questions.
• Processing FICA billing each quarter.
• Processing grant billing for JAG and VAWA grants monthly.
• Updating initial PeopleSoft Information page within OKGrants.
• Processing audit requests.
• Other duties as assigned.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required now or in the future.
The Oklahoma District Attorneys Council (DAC) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex (including gender identity or expression and pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. DAC also has a strict no-retaliation policy that prohibits retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment, or who participate in investigations into such conduct. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
A successful candidate must have:
• Knowledge of accounting procedures and terminology, of business arithmetic, and of modern office methods and procedures.
• The ability to use office equipment such as calculators, personal computer or computer keyboards, and copiers.
• Demonstrated skills in the maintenance and reporting of financial accounting data.
• The ability to perform independent work and perform a wide range of technical accounting functions.
• Self-motivation with good organizational skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Proficiency with Word, Excel, Access, and Teams.
• A valid Oklahoma Driver’s License.
An ideal candidate will also have:
• A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance, or closely related field.
• Experience with the fiscal reporting and management of federal grants.
• Experience with PeopleSoft Financials and Grant Project Costing.
• Certified Procurement Officer Certification or be willing to obtain certification.
• Knowledge of governmental accounting standards and regulations relating to the administration of federal grant programs.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|