|Department||Department of Transportation|
|Date Opened||4/4/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/7/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
This position is located in the Comptroller Division in Oklahoma City.
**This position requires a resume to be submitted with application.**
This position is assigned responsibility for directing the overall fiscal operations and accounting activities for an agency large in size and scope. Responsibilities include planning and directing financial accounting, budgeting, cash management and other fiscal operations and functions. This includes directing staff activities in maintaining, analyzing and reporting financial accounting data, developing appropriate accounting systems, establishing necessary financial controls, approving various expenditures and obligations, planning and conducting internal and external process control reviews, developing budget work programs, budget requests, and similar functions. Discuss and actively participate in the Transportation Cabinet's Modernization Initiative.
• Plans, directs and coordinates fiscal operations and financial accounting functions or assists in the planning and direction of such functions.
• Develops accounting systems and procedures for recording revenues and expenditures; directs the maintenance of accounting records concerning appropriations or other revenues, payroll expenses, supply and equipment purchases, travel expenses, contracting costs, and other financial transactions.
• Plans and directs operational or financial reviews to ensure financial accountability, ensure compliance with established standards, and enhance agency operating procedures.
• Directs the preparation of financial statements and reports.
• Reviews and approves obligations and expenditures as needed.
• Establishes necessary fiscal controls to insure appropriate accountability for revenues and expenditures.
• Directs the review and preparation of budget work programs, budget requests, and makes recommendations concerning the agency budget.
• Discuss and actively participate in the Transportation Cabinet's Modernization Initiative. Seek feedback from your employees and collaborate to enhance processes, encourage efficiencies and develop better communication with your staff and peers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and theories; of governmental accounting principles; of budgeting and auditing theories and techniques; of financial statements and reports; of accounting ledgers and journals; of cost accounting; of procurement laws and regulations; of computer technology related to accounting systems; and of supervisory principles and practices. Ability is required to direct the work of others; to review and analyze financial records; to prepare financial reports and statements; and to communicate effectively; plus demonstrated ability to direct the operations of multiple units or sections involved in fiscal operations and financial accounting activities.
The Oklahoma Department of Transportation (ODOT) ensures that no person or groups of persons shall, on the grounds of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, retaliation or genetic information, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any and all programs, services, or activities including all employment practices. To request an accommodation, please contact the ADA/504/508 Coordinator at 405-521-4140 or the Oklahoma Relay Service at 1-800-722-0353.
Education and Experience Requirements: CPA Required; Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, public administration or a closely related field and six years of experience in professional accounting or auditing or closely related work, including two years in a supervisory or administrative capacity, OR an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one additional year of professional accounting or auditing experience for each year of the required education.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|