|Department||Oklahoma Uniform Building Code Commission|
|Date Opened||4/1/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/31/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) serves as the State agency director and, in partnership with the Oklahoma Uniform Building Code Commission (OUBCC) members, is responsible for the success of the Commission. Together with the Commission members, the CEO assures the accomplishment of the agency's mission and vision and the accountability of the agency to the State and its constituents.
The CEO is a visionary leader, creative thinker, problem-solver, partnership builder, and someone who possesses exceptional analytical organizational, interpersonal and communication skills. Knowledge of and skill in applying management principles and techniques; knowledge of budgetary processes; skill in oral and written communication; skill coordinating activities of professional, technical, and clerical staff; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, citizens, trades, builders, architects, engineers, public officials, and various local, federal and state agencies; ability to develop long-range plans and evaluate work accomplishments; ability to promote the development of codes, ability and willingness to keep abreast of current legislation governing local, state and national adoption of the construction codes; willingness to provide representation for the commission on the commission and committees, willingness to assume responsibility for the work performed and the decisions made.
This position reports to the Commission Chairman and interacts with the OUBCC members, construction industry members, and the general public; is responsible for oversight of an annual budget in accordance with the direction and policies established by the Commission and the State of Oklahoma; is responsible for assisting OUBCC members, technical committee members, and staff in the rule making process to adopt the State building codes; meets legislative mandates; is responsible for implementing, adhering, and ensuring that the OUBCC operates in compliance with governing policies and procedures, administrative rules, and statutes. Additional responsibilities include oversight of proper receipt and expenditure of OUBCC funds, official OUBCC records, and all other duties as prescribed by the OUBCC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES:
• Reports to the Commission Chairman.
• Interacts with OUBCC members, construction industry members and the general public.
• Assures, along with the agency's Assistant Attorney General, the filling of all legal and regulatory documents and monitors compliance with relevant laws and regulation.
• Assists OUBCC members in understanding the codes, their duties under state law and their rights and responsibilities of policies, procedures and state law.
• Assists technical committee members in understanding their roles and responsibilities.
• Helps the Commission to determine the values, mission, vision, short- and long-term goals.
• Helps the Commission monitor its effectiveness and results.
• Keeps the Commission informed on the condition of the agency and on all important factors influencing it by identifying problems and opportunities and addressing them, bringing to the Commission those which are appropriate to the Commission and facilitates discussion and deliberation.
• Oversees the fiscal activities of the agency including budgeting and accounting.
• Serves as chief spokesperson for the Commission, assuring proper representation of the Commission.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relations with staff, citizens, construction industry, public officials, industry groups, and federal and state agencies.
• Promotes the safety of all general public in state through proper code adoption.
• If not already obtained, the selected candidate shall obtain a limited inspectors license within the first 12-months of employment and an unlimited inspector’s license within 24-months of employment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Demonstrated visionary leadership and creative thinking skills.
• Ability to multi-task as the job requires.
• Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule, including availability for after-hours functions related to construction industry events and training.
• Ability to articulate agency mission and values to staff, volunteers, and the public.
• Ability to convey a professional and positive image and attitude.
• Knowledge of the Oklahoma legislative process.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• 10 years of experience in management, supervision, planning and budgeting.
• 10 years of experience in planning and meeting deadlines.
• Bachelor's Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Fire Administration, Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or degree in related field. In lieu of a bachelor's degree, candidate may qualify by being a CBO (Certified Building Official), MCP (Master Code Professional), fire official, or have10 plus years in residential or commercial construction experience.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.