Jackie Brannon Correctional Center, McAlester
|Department||Department of Corrections|
|Date Opened||3/30/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/19/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT STATE EMPLOYEE, PLEASE APPLY TO THE “INTERNAL JOBS” LISTING HERE. DO NOT APPLY VIA THIS RECRUITMENT
Jackie Brannon Correctional Center BASIC PURPOSE: TYPICAL FUNCTIONS: LEVEL DESCRIPTORS: Level I:
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities for planning, coordinating and directing overall activities related to the construction, renovation, maintenance and repair of state-owned buildings, facilities, grounds and equipment. In this role, they will manage and supervise construction/maintenance technicians and licensed trades specialists or others performing work in both new construction/renovation and the upkeep of existing state properties.
The functions within this job family will vary by level, but may include the following:
* Conducts inspections of buildings, premises and equipment; determines requirements for maintenance, construction or renovation projects; makes estimates of costs for labor and materials; inspects work in progress and upon completion for code compliance.
* Manages supervisory staff; develops and implements budget; develops and implements policy and procedures; ensures compliance with laws, rules and regulations; prepares routine and special reports.
* Evaluates bids on projects; prepares specifications for standard and specialized equipment, supplies and vehicles.
* Prepares cost estimates on future capital improvement projects; reviews plans and construction documents.
* Plans, supervises and directs the movement and operation throughout the state of heavy construction equipment.
* Schedules work crews; reports time and attendance of crews.
* Completes reports of equipment operations, of installation and maintenance work performed and of materials, supplies and equipment used.
The Construction/Maintenance Administrator job family consists of four levels which are distinguished based on the extent of responsibility assigned, level of expertise required and complexity of operations.
At this level employees are assigned responsibilities primarily involving general maintenance work and the direction of assigned staff in the completion of various activities related to heating and air conditioning, plumbing repairs, electrical work, general repair and upkeep, custodial services and similar requirements. This may include employees who have sole responsibility for a maintenance program of moderate size and scope and supervise employees, inmate workers, or others in the completion of maintenance requirements.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of five years of experience in skilled building trade or maintenance work involving the construction, maintenance, alteration and/or repair of buildings, grounds and utilities, including two years of supervising employees, inmates, or contractors in one of the fields listed above; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of college or technical school training in the building or construction trades for each year of the required non-supervisory experience.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.