|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||3/23/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||Up to $64,518.00, based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to leading Oklahoma to prosperity through health. Our mission is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can thrive. We value respect, collaboration, and service. Position Summary: Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions
OSDH is seeking a full-time Registered Nurse III Mobile Unit Coordinator providing support to Craig OK, Delaware OK, Mayes OK, Ottawa OK, Rogers OK, Wagoner OK, Washington OK. This is a state employee position PIN 34003671 governed by the Civil Service Rules.OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits packet, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance, follow this link Plan Year 2022. The annual salary for this position is up to $64,518.00, based on education and experience.
This position will lead, coordinate, and manage clinical mobile units serving a 7 county district; to include staffing, scheduling, promotion, and coordination between County Health Departments and community partners or entities. The Mobile Unit Nurse Lead position will lead and supervise a multidisciplinary team assigned to the mobile units in the district. This position is time-limited to June 30, 2024.
• Lead, Coordinate, and manage clinical mobile units serving 7 county district including staffing, scheduling, promotion, and coordination between County Health Departments and community partners or entities.
• Provides supervision to other professional or paraprofessional personnel; collaborates with other professionals in the management of the mobile units and of health care.
• Assesses health status of individuals, families, and communities; develops plans and implements appropriate nursing interventions and follow up.
• Evaluates and determines health resources necessary to meet individual, family and community health needs.
• Delivers professional nursing care in an assigned unit, clinic, home, or other setting.
• Educates individuals, families, communities, and members of the health care team about the principles of disease prevention and health promotion.
• Delegates tasks as may safely be performed by others, consistent with educational preparation and that do not conflict with the provisions of the Oklahoma Nursing Practice Act.
• Assures quality health care through use of various measures such as record review, peer review, direct observation, and assessment of individual, family, and community for the desired outcome.
• Performs specialized nursing functions as educationally prepared.
• Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
• Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
• Other duties as assigned.
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices and techniques; of health promotion and disease prevention; of nursing management of available health care resources; of nutrition and diet therapy; functions of various clinical departments; of health programs and resources; of federal and state rules and regulations concerning health services; of accreditation, certification and licensure standards; of preventive health practices; of principles and methods of teaching; of nursing standards and of nursing policies and procedures. Ability is required to assist in the development, organization and implementation of an effective nursing care plan; to provide education and training; to assess condition and needs of patients; families and communities appropriate to the care setting; to take appropriate intervention; to counsel and teach patients and families; provide direction or guidance to non-licensed personnel in assigned area of responsibility to ensure quality care; to develop, plan and implement an effective nursing care program and to provide education and training.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Combination of office and exam offices. May be exposed to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, toxic substances, and medicinal preparations. Varied activities including sitting, walking, stooping, lifting, bending, pushing, and reaching. Position requires job related travel.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions
Requirements consist of possession of a valid Oklahoma license as a registered nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing or, Registered Nurse License recognized by the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) and two year of professional nursing experience, OR, a Bachelor's in Nursing and possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a Registered Nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing or, Registered Nurse License recognized by the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) and one year professional nursing experience.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|