|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||3/23/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||up to $26.46 an hour, based on education and experience|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to leading Oklahoma to prosperity through health. Our mission is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can thrive. We value respect, collaboration, and service. Position Responsibilities/Essential Functions: Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Physical Demands and Work Environment: Travel Requirements:
OSDH is seeking a part-time Registered Nurse II providing support to Creek County Health Department. This is a state employee position 34003794 governed by the Civil Service Rules, located in Sapulpa, OK. The salary for this position is up to $26.46 an hour, based on education and experience.
Provide direct or indirect professional nursing services in a variety of settings. This includes providing nursing assessments, planning, interventions, evaluations, health related education, case management, and execution of the medical regime including administering medications and treatments prescribed by any person authorized to prescribe by state law. In addition, this position will serve to meet the expanded need in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Assess health status of individuals, families, and communities; develops plans and implements appropriate nursing interventions.
• Evaluate and determine health resources necessary to meet individual, family and community health needs.
• Deliver professional nursing care in an assigned unit, clinic, home, or other setting.
• Educate individuals, families, communities, and members of the health care team about the principles of disease prevention and health promotion.
• Delegate tasks as may safely be performed by others, consistent with educational preparation and that do not conflict with the provisions of the Oklahoma Nursing Practice Act.
• Assure quality health care through use of various measures such as record review, peer review, direct observation, and assessment of individual, family, and community for the desired outcome.
• Perform specialized nursing functions as educationally prepared.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
• Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
Required at this level include knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices, and techniques; of health promotion and disease prevention; of nursing management of available health care resources; of nutrition and diet therapy; and of the functions of various clinical departments. Ability is required to assist in the development, organization, and implementation of an effective nursing care plan; to provide education and training; to assess condition and needs of patients, families and communities appropriate to the care setting; to take appropriate intervention; to counsel and teach patients and families; and to provide direction or guidance to non-licensed personnel in assigned area of responsibility to ensure quality care. I
• Must be able to move to provide examinations 80% of the time.
• Combination of office, vehicle, and homes.
• May be exposed to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, toxic substances, and medicinal preparations. Hepatitis B vaccination and TB test required.
• Varied activities including sitting, walking, stooping, lifting, bending, pushing, and reaching. Exposed to inclement weather conditions while driving to and from office, homes and daycares.
Work related travel required.
Position Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Requirements consist of possession of a valid Oklahoma license as a registered nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing or, Registered Nurse License recognized by the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) and one year of professional nursing experience, OR, a Bachelor's in Nursing and possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a Registered Nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing or, Registered Nurse License recognized by the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC).
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|