|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||3/23/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/7/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Listed in the Announcement.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to leading Oklahoma to prosperity through health. Our mission is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can thrive. We value respect, collaboration, and service. This position will cover multiple counties. Duty station determined upon hire. This is time-limited grant position expiring 5/31/23. Position Summary: Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions: Other Duties: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Physical Demands and Work Environment: Travel Requirements:
OSDH is seeking a full time Communications Specialist providing support to Region 3 of the Oklahoma Health Department This is a state employee position PIN 34003123 governed by the Civil Service Rules, in state government . OSDH offers a comprehensive . The annual salary for these positions is up to $60,000.00 based on education and experience.
Counties Covered: Creek, Kay, Lincoln, Noble, Osage, Pawnee & Payne County Health Departments.
Positions in this job family are responsible for facilitating internal and external communication systems; identifying and implementing health promotion and social marketing campaigns; developing promotional materials; copywriting press releases; researching, writing and managing media & social media outreach efforts on all social platforms.
The functions within this job family will vary by level, but may include the following:
• Works closely with Health Equity Specialist and Health Equity Fellow to identify, analyze, and prioritize messaging around health equity and disparate issues.
• Create and design various materials for print and digital collateral utilizing graphic design software
• Create web content and social media content on health equity topics and COVID-19.
• Collaborate with District leadership and PIO on development and implementation of a strategic communications plan.
• Collaborate with OSDH Office of Communications to execute social media strategies through research, platform determination, audience identification and messaging.
• Monitor and, when needed, moderate user-generated content in line with the social media policy, values and mission of the agency.
• Create social media content calendars for the district for health campaigns.
• Interface with the Office of Communications, communications managers, website manager, and District 3 PIO to effectively deploy and manage social media campaigns in conjunction with the districts’ public health campaigns and overall communications plan.
• Collaborate with program areas to manage social media content and online reputation.
• Collaborate with community engagement team to identify target audiences to address health disparities with targeted messaging
• Collaborate with Office of Communications on development of promotional materials needed for health communications and promotion of mobile health department services
• Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
• Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
• Knowledge of business English usage, including grammar, spelling and composition; of public relations principles and techniques; of accepted styles for materials released to various media; of media sources and their capabilities; of visual graphics and video techniques; of agency's objectives; of editing techniques and procedures; of graphic terminology and techniques; of training principles and practices; and of supervisory principles and practices.
• Ability is required to write and edit; to gather and organize pertinent data; to uphold and practice public relations principles and codes of ethics; to deliver informational presentations; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; and to supervise the work of others.
• Ability to work in Adobe Creative Cloud is preferred. Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign as well as graphic design platforms such as Canva is preferred.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with others; to handle confidential work; to interpret and handle routine matters in accordance with agency policy; and to follow oral and written instructions.
• Highly motivated with the ability to work as a team under tight deadlines and limited resources. Strong storytelling/copywriting/copyediting skills.
• Extensive knowledge of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, YouTube, etc.) with a pulse on developing social media platforms.
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Self-motivation, positive attitude and willingness to learn. Highly professional with a positive, constructive attitude. Willingness to learn new skills and adapt quickly to new platforms and technologies.
This position is set in an office environment. While performing the duties of the job, employees are frequently required to stand, walk, lift, and reach.
Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position.
This position will cover multiple counties. Duty station determined upon hire.
This is time-limited grant position expiring 5/31/23.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions:
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Education and Experience requirements consist of a bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, social media, or a related field plus two years additional of qualifying experience in public relations, or serving as a public information officer, social media, marketing, writing and editing or a closely related field substituting one additional year of experience for each year of the required education.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|