Alabaster Caverns State Park in Freedom, OK
|Department||Tourism and Recreation Department|
|Date Opened||3/17/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/7/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Upload cover letter and resume to application.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST
The Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department’s (OTRD) mission is to advance the exceptional quality of life in Oklahoma by preserving, maintaining, and promoting our natural assets and cultural amenities. OTRD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
OTRD is seeking a full-time Customer Service Specialist to provide guest services at Alabaster Caverns State Park in Freedom, OK. OTRD provides matching contributions to employees’ retirement plans, 11 holidays, and 15 days of annual and sick leave a year. OTRD also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including a benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. The annual salary for this position is $26,380.
Under general supervision, incumbent provides information about Oklahoma parks, lodges, golf courses, festivals and special events and performs other related activities such as greeting and assisting visitors.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
• Responds to requests for informational materials; researches and fills requests for those requesting such materials and information; ensures an adequate inventory of materials concerning the service.
• Assists in the gift shop for selling and stocking items.
• Will use social media to promote park tours and programs.
• Maintains inventory or other records; purchases necessary materials; sets up displays; maintains cleanliness of work area; and sells merchandise.
• Receives customers or visitors; answers telephone calls; secures and provides requested information; provides services; or directs the request to those who can provide the customer with the information or services.
• Receives requests for information and services and provides such services using advanced technological equipment.
• Conducts tours, schedules programs and group tours
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Knowledge of methods and procedures concerning public contact; of telephone procedures; and arithmetic
• Skill in communicating effectively, both orally and in writing; in scheduling groups; and in conducting educational tours and programs
• Skill in operating personal computers
• Ability to memorize tour materials
•One (1) year of experience in public contact work, or in a customer service-related field; or general office clerical work; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
All applicants tentatively selected for this position will be required to submit to a background check.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|