Medical/Jess Dunn Correctional Center, Taft
|Department||Department of Corrections|
|Date Opened||3/11/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/23/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Medical/Jess Dunn Correctional Center
Under general direction, performs professional work in the diagnosis and treatment of inmate patients in correctional facilities.
• Conducts a major portion of the medical treatment and diagnostic services at a correctional institution or facility.
• Performs complete physical examinations on inmates and correctional employees according to health services policy; directs laboratory and X-ray procedures and interprets results.
• Prescribes treatment and therapy; supervises care to patients in infirmary; provides emergency care as is appropriate in the health care services unit or, as appropriate, at other sites in the facility.
• Supervises physician’s assistant assigned to the facility.
• Provides overall clinical supervision and guidance of the health care providers at the facility.
• Develops protocols of care for use by other health care providers.
• Evaluates inmate medical problems that are complex, changing, or incompletely diagnosed or managed and makes referral of appropriate cases to specialty clinics or the appropriate hospital.
• Coordinates mental health care of inmates with departmental psychiatrists and/or psychologists.
• Completes, inspects, and interprets charts; prepares periodic progress notes and final discharge summaries.
• Utilizes formulary medications whenever possible, and adheres to the request for non-formulary drug process.
• Recognizes and applies both utilization and risk management principals.
• Participates in quality improvement activities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of modern principles and practices of medicine; and of the use of pharmacologic medications. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships; to exercise independent judgement; to analyze situations and adopt an effective course of action; to successfully diagnose, clarify, and treat patients in an acceptable manner; and to interpret complex instructions, both oral and written.
Job Code: 2120 DOC Pay Grade: Medical Statutory Reference: 74 O.S. § 840-5.5 or 5.11 Effective Date: 04-01-08
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.