|Department||Department of Education|
|Date Opened||3/3/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/7/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
DIRECTOR OF DATA QUALITY AND ANALYTICS
OFFICE OF DATA QUALITY AND REPORTING, OLIVER HODGE BUILDING, OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLAHOMA
The Oklahoma State Department of Education (OSDE) is the primary agency charged with overseeing K-12 public education in Oklahoma. We work directly with the state’s 500+ school districts and the legislature to ensure that Oklahoma students receive the quality education they deserve. If you are looking for a rewarding career that positively affects the lives of children, you are in the right place! For more about OSDE please visit our website at www.sde.ok.gov
Under general direction of the Executive Director of Data Quality and Research, the Director of Data Quality and Analytics will actively assist OSDE data teams with implementing best practices for data quality and report automation. They will assist with on-going efforts to modernize the department’s data systems by participating in data governance and developing data validation processes and collaboration with the Accountability and Statewide Longitudinal Data System teams to improve and automate data collection and reporting. Additionally, they will partner with internal and external stakeholders to inform educational policy in Oklahoma by engaging in research collaborations, analyzing data, and presenting results through meaningful and accessible data dashboards and other visualizations. The successful applicant will have a passion for data driven decision-making and transparency. Finally, and most importantly, they will be a vocal advocate for data quality and reporting within the organization and will be an evangelist for how accurate and transparent data provide benefits to the agency and school districts across the state.
• Ability to work with and analyze data efficiently;
• Ability to analyze and manage large datasets using SQL;
• Ability to apply business rules and logic to relational databases, including data auditing techniques;
• Ability to present facts clearly, concisely, and objectively.
• Experience with data visualization software and reporting;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to effectively engage in several projects simultaneously;
• Knowledge of data coding processes and security measures;
• Knowledge of database management or familiarity with educational data systems;
• Conscientious commitment and willingness to provide courteous, consistent, efficient service through the performance of the prescribed job duties;
• Ability to work with internal and external data stewards to validate and improve data collections;
• Applicants must be willing and able to perform necessary job-related travel.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Work with division leaders and data stewards at the State Department of Education to assess business requirements for state and federally mandated reports;
• Participate in data governance and maintain documentation of data quality processes;
• Maintain and develop quality control processes and audits to ensure OSDE’s data are reported accurately and transparently;
• Analyze educational data and present results to inform education policy decision making in key areas;
• Communicate research results to cabinet and executive leadership;
• Build public-facing dashboards to communicate education data and provide information to the public;
• Coordinate the establishment and fulfillment of MOUs with external research entities;
• Assist in fulfilling data requests from internal and external stakeholders;
• Assist with user acceptance testing of data collection and reporting software;
• Perform related duties as assigned.
Periodic travel may be required.
This position is eligible to telework up to two (2) days a week with supervisor approval. A Telework Agreement is required upon hire.
General office setting
N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this position
O (Occasionally) - Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) - Position requires this activity from 33%-66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5 hrs/day)
C (Constantly) - Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Physical Demands Physical Demands Lift/Carry
Stand F Reach Over Shoulder O 10 lbs or less F
Walk F Speak F 11-20 lbs F
Sit F Climb O 21-50 lbs O
Listen F Crawl O 51-100 lbs N
Grasp O Squat or Kneel O Over 100 lbs N
Reach Outward O Bend O
Generous benefit allowance in addition to salary to off-set insurance costs
More information at https://www.ebd.ok.gov
11 Paid Holidays
15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave the first year
Teacher’s Retirement System (TRS) participation with all contributions paid by the employer
More information at https://www.ok.gov/TRS
Employee Assistance Program
Longevity Bonus for years of service
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Ability to pass a pre-employment background check.
The Oklahoma Department of Education provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OSDE complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This job description has been reviewed and approved by the Hiring Manager. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in mathematics, computer engineering, data science, management information systems, psychology, economics, accounting, or a similar field that requires math, data management, and/or logical reasoning [official transcripts required upon hire];
• One (1) year of experience in data management, data analysis, and/or evaluation of programs;
• Two (2) years experience building data visualizations and dashboards using software such as Power BI, Tableau, etc.;
• Successful completion of a skills assessment as part of the interview process.
• Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in mathematics, computer engineering, data science, management information systems, psychology, economics, accounting, or a similar field that requires math, data management, and/or logical reasoning [official transcripts required upon hire];
• Experience coding or debugging relational databases using a programming language such as SQL;
• Experience with the software development life cycle (e.g., system requirements gathering, production and testing support).
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|