|Department||Office of Juvenile Affairs|
|Date Opened||3/2/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||Salary is based upon education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT STATE EMPLOYEE, PLEASE APPLY TO THE “INTERNAL JOBS” LISTING HERE. DO NOT APPLY VIA THIS RECRUITMENT
This position is located at the Cenral Oklahoma Juvenile Center in Tecumseh, OK.
This position is a safety sensitive position as defined by 63 O.S. § 427.8 (K) due to providing direct child care. Therefore, those applicants testing positive for marijuana will not be hired even when in possession of a valid medical marijuana license.
Annual hiring rate: Salary is based upon education and experience.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Provides support to classroom teachers that are instructional in nature, and delivers direct services to students.
Provides one-on-one assistance to help students become successful in classroom tasks. Assists students in successfully learning the daily lesson objectives. Reinforces targeted lesson skills to small or large groups of students. Planning and assisting the teachers in preparing materials and supplies in advance of activities.
1. Establish and communicate learning goals in the absence of the teacher, perform duties that are instructional in nature, and celebrate success.
2. Establish and maintain classroom rules and procedures. Recognize and acknowledge adherence or lack of adherence to rules and procedures.
3. Assist teachers in providing useful reinforcement in targeted lesson skills in a one-on-one setting, small or large group students.
4. Help students practice and deepen their understanding of new knowledge.
5. Assist teacher to engage students in the lesson.
6. Assist in school library; school office and UTT as needed.
7. Establish and maintain effective relationships with students and teachers.
8. Communicate high expectations for all students.
9. Participation in Open House; Participation in Parent/Teacher conference; participation in UTT
10. Promoting a positive environment.
11. Planning and assisting the teacher in preparing materials and supplies in advance of activities.
12. Promoting Exchanges of ideas and strategies.
13. Adhering to district and school rules and procedures. Participating in district and school initiatives; Adhere to policy regarding designated work hours and leave usage
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of the content matter in the area of instruction; and of accepted methods of teaching special children. Ability is required to supervise and instruct pupils; to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with others; to organize and present facts and opinions clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; and to develop and present a curriculum.
Prefer candidates with the following experience/education:
High school diploma or GED certificate and experience working with students working with at risk youth.
Must be able to pass background check and drug screening.
Applicants must be willing and able to perform all job-related travel normally associated with this position.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|