Programs Accountant Supervisor
|Department||Department of Transportation|
|Date Opened||3/1/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/21/2022 10:15:00 AM|
|Full or Part Time||
This position is located in ODOT's Central Office in the Comptroller Division.
This vacancy is in the Programs Section of the Comptroller Division.
This position will oversee the functions shown for the Program section;
• Manage and ensure data integrity related to project assignments and sequences within the project system.
• Assign, review, report, track and measure active and inactive federal and state projects, programs and significant cost areas within the agency and to federal and state agencies,
• Manage and ensure data integrity related to the federal funding system,
• Assign, modify and release federal and state funding to the fullest availability, efficiently and effectiveness through the life of all projects, programs and significant cost areas,
• Provide continuous projections for federal, state available funding and funding sources throughout the fiscal year.
• Reconcile capital expenditure with federal and state funding throughout the life of the project or program.
Oversee hybrid remote work environment.
Discuss and actively participate in the Transportation Cabinet's Modernization Initiative. Seek feedback from your employees and collaborate to enhance processes, encourage efficiencies and develop better communication with your staff and peers.
Occasional travel as needed for work, training, meetings, etc.
Analytical skills computer skills and software capabilities are critical to this position.
Preference may be given to applicants knowing Excel, Oracle Apex, Oracle BI, GAAP, GASB and Governmental Accounting.
This is the leadership level where employees are assigned responsibilities involving the direction or supervision of the work activities of an accounting unit, project, or program on a regular and consistent basis. This includes responsibility for planning, reviewing and organizing the work of an assigned staff as well as performing related administrative functions.
The Oklahoma Department of Transportation (ODOT) ensures that no person or groups of persons shall, on the grounds of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, retaliation or genetic information, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any and all programs, services, or activities including all employment practices. To request an accommodation, please contact the ADA/504/508 Coordinator at 405-521-4140 or the Oklahoma Relay Service at 1-800-722-0353.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of a bachelor’s degree in accounting or a bachelor’s degree in business, finance or a closely related field plus four years of professional accounting experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.