|Department||Department of Veterans Affairs|
|Date Opened||2/18/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/5/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||UP to $37,977.10|
|Full or Part Time||
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities for providing direct and indirect nonprofessional nursing care or outreach services in a clinic, hospital, institution or home setting under nursing or medical supervision. This includes performing duties such as taking vital signs, obtaining lab specimens, charting, escorting patients, assisting with activities of daily living, and ordering and receiving supplies.
The functions performed in this job family will vary by level, unit and organization, but may include the following:
• Performs direct nursing tasks including taking vital signs, assisting with activities of daily living and hygiene needs, and obtaining certain lab specimens.
• Charts observations and activities, reporting pertinent changes in the patient’s condition.
• Performs delegated or other specialized functions as educationally prepared.
• Escorts patients to and from various destinations.
• Assists in maintaining and providing a clean, safe environment.
• Orders, receives and stores supplies and performs basic clerical functions.
• Participates in follow-up activities and tracking clients, schedules appointments and performs other related tasks.
• Provides case finding and recruitment of at risk persons for comprehensive health services.
This is the leadership level of this job family where employees are assigned responsibility for providing guidance, training, and assignment of work activities to other patient care assistant staff, and perform more advanced duties.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level consist of those identified in Level II plus knowledge of planning and organizing work assignments. Ability is also required to monitor and direct the work of others; to judge a situation accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
Certified Medication Aide by the Oklahoma State Department of Health; Advanced CMA Training (G-Tube feedings & medications, Insulin, and Respiratory Treatments)
Education and Experience required at this level consists of three years of experience in providing patient care.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|