|Department||Department of Veterans Affairs|
|Date Opened||2/18/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/5/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $26,380.00|
|Full or Part Time||
Housekeeping/Custodial Worker II
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities involving the care and cleaning of a state institution, public building, or state lodge or in the supervision or management of employees performing these duties.
This is the entry level of this job family where employees are assigned routine work involving sweeping, mopping, dusting, disposing of trash, and other simple cleaning duties. Training will be provided in completing more advanced tasks, such as the disposal of restricted or environmentally hazardous materials.
This is the career level of the job family where employees are assigned duties and responsibilities at the full-performance level and perform a variety of tasks involving patrolling and inspecting buildings and grounds within assigned areas and enforcing laws, rules and regulations in safeguarding life and property. This includes inspecting hydrants and sprinklers for proper operation; checking fire extinguishers, emergency lighting and alarm systems for proper condition; inspecting places of public assembly for any violation of security or fire prevention practices; administering emergency measures; instructing institution employees in firefighting, first aid and other security procedures; responding to fire alarms and determining causes; and assisting in firefighting activities if required. At this level, limited direction and training may be provided to entry level employees performing security and fire prevention duties.
The functions within this job family will vary by level, but may include the following:
• Sweeps, dusts, mops, scrubs, washes, vacuums, waxes, and polishes building floors, walls, woodwork, windows, furniture, equipment, and hardware.
• Cleans and sanitizes laboratories, washrooms, and bedrooms, keeps washrooms supplied with paper, towels, and soap.
• Collects and disposes of trash and garbage; moves equipment and furniture such as beds, tables, and chairs.
• Performs sanitary inspections in designated areas for purposes of infection control.
• Replaces and removes medically contaminated sharps and/or medically soiled and contaminated dressings and supplies.
• Orders and distributes custodial supplies; maintains inventory.
• Observes and reports safety violations; actively participates in emergency situations.
• Assists in training and continued education of lower level workers.
• Plans, assigns, and supervises all functions of a housekeeping department.
• Inspects quarters for maintenance of proper housekeeping standards.
• Supervises and maintains records of the distribution of furnishings.
• Maintains necessary records; prepares required reports.
• Establishes housekeeping standards; assists with policy planning; prepares departmental budget request.
Level I: None
Level II: Six months experience in building or institutional custodial work or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|