|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||2/3/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/7/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||up to $90,000.00, based on education and experience|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to leading Oklahoma to prosperity through health. Our mission is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can thrive. We value respect, collaboration, and service. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
OSDH is seeking a full time Advanced Practice RN providing support to District 7 that includes Adair, Sequoyah, Cherokee, Muskogee, McIntosh, Okmulgee, Okfuskee and Haskell. This is a state employee position 34001311, governed by the Civil Service Rules, located in Chickasha, Oklahoma. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits packet, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance, follow this link Plan Year 2022. The annual salary for this position is up to $90,000.00, based on education and experience.
This position is responsible for provision of advanced health care to individuals, families or groups as an expert clinician in a multi-county area. Duties include the assessment of individual health, analyzing data to determine medical and nursing care needed, planning a treatment strategy to meet identified needs and evaluating responses to nursing and medical interventions.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions:
• Provide independent advanced primary, secondary or tertiary health care for individuals, families or groups at an advanced clinician level for District 7.
• Assess individual health.
• Analyze data to determine a strategy to meet identified health care needs.
• Evaluate responses to interventions and make changes in care treatment as needed.
• Performs comprehensive physical examinations and secures health histories.
• Performs or orders lab tests.
• Conducts invasive procedures including but not limited to pelvic exams; breast exams; insertion of long acting reproductive contraception and sub dermal contraceptive implants.
• Prescribes pharmaceuticals.
• Counsel patients, family members and others related to health problems, prescribed treatments and use of pharmaceuticals and procedures.
• Reviews and analyzes lab tests, x-rays and other diagnostic data.
• Provides a higher level of expertise in diagnosis and treatment modalities.
• Consults and collaborates with physicians or other providers as needed related to patient care.
• Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
• Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
• At this level employees are responsible for performing the full scope of nursing practice involving a high level of autonomy and independent practice. Responsibilities include assessing and diagnosing illnesses, prescribing medications and treatments, and providing other related health care services to assigned patients. Services may be provided in a designated hospital, clinic, skilled nursing facility, an assigned geographical area, or similar medical treatment areas.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of human anatomy, physiology and chemistry; of medical diagnosis techniques, methods and procedures; of the theory, principles and practices of nursing or health care delivery systems; of ambulatory care; of methods and procedures of laboratory and X-ray and other diagnosis techniques; of pharmaceutical agents, their usage and contraindications; of minor surgical procedures and techniques; of safety and safety practices; and of medical management techniques.
• Ability is required to conduct physical examinations and health assessments; to provide advanced specialized nursing care; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; to instruct and counsel clients; to interview and obtain medical information; to develop of therapeutic programs; and to apply emergency and first aid measures.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Combination of office and exam offices.
• May be exposed to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, toxic substances, and medicinal preparations.
• Varied activities including sitting, walking, stooping, lifting, bending, pushing, and reaching.
• This position requires long period of sitting, standing, and daily use of computer and phone.
• Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position.
• Services may be provided on a mobile unit
• Use of N-95 respirator is required.
• Travel is required throughout the assigned County Health Departments
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Possession of a valid Oklahoma license as a Registered Nurse by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing, recognition as a certified Advanced Practice Nurse by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing, and four years’ experience as a Registered Nurse.
• The Advanced Practice Registered Nurse must hold a graduate degree at an advanced practice level or a post-master’s certificate at an advanced practice level if the master’s degree is in nursing, in order to be eligible for initial application for prescriptive authority.
• Approval for prescriptive authority requires current licensure in Oklahoma as a Registered Nurse and as a Certified Nurse Practitioner (CNP), Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM), or Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) within 60 calendars days of the entry on duty date.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|