|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||2/1/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/7/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||The annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to leading Oklahoma to prosperity through health. Our mission is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can thrive. We value respect, collaboration, and service. This position is time-limited to June 30, 2024. Position Summary: Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions Physical Demands and Work Environment:
OSDH is seeking a full time Project Coordinator providing support to Immunization Service. This is a state employee position 34000479 governed by the Civil Service Rules, located in Oklahoma City, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive . The annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
The Project Coordinator provides critical planning and development of the program area. This position monitors and maintains contracts and works with leadership to ensure deliverables are meet. The position provides coordination and applies project management techniques set long- range strategic priorities for Immunization Service, while still ensuring that new projects and rules are implemented efficiently and in compliance. This position is expected to interact with agency leadership and program staff, as well as external partners.
• Provides oversight, management and consultation in the planning, development, and implementation of high-priority, complex projects for Immunization Service.
• Ensures key projects are properly planned for implementation from identifying resources needed, offering alternatives, building consensus and establishing and monitoring timeframes needed to complete projects according to state or agency deadlines.
• Develops project work plans, utilizes project management tools and software such as Office 360 Planning and SharePoint, and Smartsheet.
• Convenes stakeholders, and ensures the critical path is identified and deliverables are completed over the course of a project; utilizes problem solving skills to mitigate risks to the project.
• Manages implementation strategies, developing alternative solutions as necessary, by conducting research, analyzing options, and consulting key stakeholders and agency leadership.
• Serves as a consultant and subject matter expert regarding project planning and design.
• Conducts research for the purposes of policy analysis, project planning, and informing leadership and stakeholders.
• Tracks issues (legislation, policy, etc.) that may have an impact on Immunization strategic projects.
• Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments within Immunization and related fields.
• Coordinates with state entities as necessary to ensure adherence to laws and policy.
• Facilitates and schedules project team, stakeholder, and planning meetings.
• Writes and prepares briefs, white-papers, and other graphic and narrative documents that assess costs, benefits, and/or impact of Immunization strategic projects.
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge and experience in strategic planning, performance management, policy development, stakeholder engagement, and public health. Ability to think critically is required. Must possess analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to define planning-related needs and problems and to formulate appropriate recommendations; to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; to prepare and review complex planning reports; to interpret laws, rules and regulations; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others is required.
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone. Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position.
This position is time-limited to June 30, 2024.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: public administration, public health, business, finance, or a closely related field and at least three years of professional experience in strategic planning, performance management, public policy, management of complex projects for public, private, or nonprofit organizations, and state and federal policies and regulations.
Experience in Lean Six Sigma.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.