|Department||Department of Rehabilitation Services|
|Date Opened||1/13/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/7/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Direct Care Specialist
Location: Oklahoma School for the Blind – Muskogee
Position provides direct care to students who are blind/visually impaired; assist students in areas of daily hygiene, educational plans, etc. Provides transportation daily/weekly to and from home and school, and on recreational events.
Maintains a clean work area, dorm setting, etc.
Assigned shift: Sunday – Wednesday, 12:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
Applicant must be willing to perform all job-related travel.
Trial period is required.
The Department of Rehabilitation Services provides a comprehensive benefits package designed to support our employees and their dependents.
• Generous state paid benefit allowance to help cover insurance premiums
• A wide choice of health insurance plans with no pre-existing condition exclusions or limitations
• Flexible spending accounts for health care expenses or dependent care
• Employee assistance programs and health and fitness programs
• 11 paid holidays
• 15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave for the first year
• Retirement Savings Plan with a generous match
• Longevity Bonus for years of service
• 5% additional pay for the possession of an appropriate professional certification or licensure
• Training opportunities to help meet CEU requirements
ALL SOURCES – Applicants, without previous state service OR currently in trial period status, must apply through the Office of Management and Enterprise Services OKJOBS on-line External Listings applicant system (www.jobaps.com/ok/). Current State of Oklahoma employees with permanent status must apply through the Office of Management and Enterprise Services OKJOBS on-line Internal Listings applicant system (www.jobaps.com/OK/promo.asp).
For questions regarding specific duties or details of this job, please contact Human Resources at HR@okdrs.gov
For inquiries on the application process or general application inquiries, please contact Applicant Services at (405) 521-2177.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Level I – None required.
Level II - requirements at this level consist of one year of experience working with children or adults in a treatment facility for disabled individuals or working with children or adults in a residential or school setting.
Valid Oklahoma Driver’s License.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.