|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||1/13/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to leading Oklahoma to prosperity through health. Our mission is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can thrive. We value respect, collaboration, and service. Other Duties: Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Physical Demands and Work Environment: Travel Requirements:
OSDH is seeking a full time Speech Language Pathologist III providing support to Payne County Health Department. This is a state employee position 3400 governed by the Civil Service Rules, located in Stillwater, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive . The annual salary for this position is up to $60187.00, based on education and experience.
Position is necessary to complete the Child Guidance staffing pattern and implement behavioral, developmental, and/or communication services to children birth to age 13.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions:
• The functions in this job family will vary by level, but may include the following:
• Diagnoses communication disorders of speech and language.
• Prepares treatment plans and makes recommendations for individual cases.
• Conducts group and individual speech and/or language treatment as appropriate.
• Performs hearing screenings and makes appropriate referrals.
• Prepares and maintains progress reports, records, and evaluations on individual and group cases as required.
• Participates as a member of a diagnostic and treatment team for individual and group cases.
• Maintains confidential records of client services in compliance with state and federal regulations.
• Directs and/or trains clinical personnel and staff in identifying and treating communication disorders.
• Confers with professional and/or community groups on topics regarding communication disorders.
• Implements and develops prevention programs that are specific to speech/language/communication issues.
• Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
• Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include knowledge of the pathology of communication disorders; of phonetics; of the anatomy and physiology of the speech and hearing function; and of diagnostic testing and treatment techniques for communication disorders. Ability is required to discuss communication disorders with various treatment professionals and families; to plan and execute treatment programs; and to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
This position is set in an office environment. While performing the duties of the job, employees are frequently required to stand, walk, lift, and reach.
Must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position.
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Master’s degree in speech pathology and Certification as a Speech-Language Pathologist by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. Three years of post-certification experience as a Speech Language Pathologist in a clinical specialty or in an educational setting.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|