|Department||Department of Veterans Affairs|
|Date Opened||1/13/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/31/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Housekeeping/Custodial Worker II
This position may be filled at a level I or II.
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities involving the care and cleaning of a state institution, public building, or state lodge or in the supervision or management of employees performing these duties.
The functions within this job family will vary by level, but may include the following:
• Sweeps, dusts, mops, scrubs, washes, vacuums, waxes, and polishes building floors, walls, woodwork, windows, furniture, equipment, and hardware.
• Cleans and sanitizes laboratories, washrooms, and bedrooms, keeps washrooms supplied with paper, towels, and soap.
• Collects and disposes of trash and garbage; moves equipment and furniture such as beds, tables, and chairs.
• Performs sanitary inspections in designated areas for purposes of infection control.
• Replaces and removes medically contaminated sharps and/or medically soiled and contaminated dressings and supplies.
• Orders and distributes custodial supplies; maintains inventory.
• Observes and reports safety violations; actively participates in emergency situations.
• Assists in training and continued education of lower level workers.
• Plans, assigns, and supervises all functions of a housekeeping department.
• Inspects quarters for maintenance of proper housekeeping standards.
• Supervises and maintains records of the distribution of furnishings.
• Maintains necessary records; prepares required reports.
• Establishes housekeeping standards; assists with policy planning; prepares departmental budget request.
The Housekeeping/Custodial Worker job family consists of four levels that are distinguished based on the duties assigned, the expertise required to perform assigned work, and the responsibility assigned for providing supervision to others.
This is the entry level of this job family where employees are assigned routine work involving sweeping, mopping, dusting, disposing of trash, and other simple cleaning duties. Training will be provided in completing more advanced tasks, such as the disposal of restricted or environmentally hazardous materials.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include ability is required to follow oral and written instructions.
This is the career level of this job family where employees are assigned responsibilities involving the full performance of a variety of custodial and housekeeping duties, including sweeping, mopping, dusting, disposing of trash, and other cleaning duties. Some positions may also have responsibilities involving the disposal of hazardous materials or other restricted items.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include those identified in Level I plus knowledge of various cleaning methods, materials, and equipment used in custodial work; of proper procedures for disposing of waste, including medically contaminated sharps and/or medically soiled and contaminated dressings and supplies; and of chemical product safety. Skill is required to operate custodial equipment.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|