|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||1/13/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/10/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $60,000.00 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT OR FORMER PERMANENT, CLASSIFIED STATE EMPLOYEE, PLEASE APPLY TO THE “INTERNAL JOBS” LISTING HERE. DO NOT APPLY VIA THIS RECRUITMENT.
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to leading Oklahoma to prosperity through health. Our mission is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can thrive. We value respect, collaboration, and service.
OSDH is seeking a full time Internal Communications Coordinator providing support to Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority. This is a state employee position 34004414 governed by the Civil Service Rules, located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits packet, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance, follow this link Plan Year 2022. The annual salary for this position is up to $60,000.00 based on education and experience.
The Internal Communications Coordinator will be responsible for providing communications support for the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority (OMMA). This may include developing and executing internal communications plans; writing, reviewing, and/or creating content for social media (Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, YouTube and more), web and newsletters; offering insight based upon contextual frameworks and data analysis; and similar duties and responsibilities. It may also include responsibility for maintaining various records, preparing correspondence or other materials and similar activities. Additionally, duties and responsibilities for this position may include supervising communication specialists and interns.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions
• Contribute to the development, application, and maintenance of comprehensive communication plans.
• Draft internal communications, web content and social media content.
• Work with the Communications Department to coordinate ongoing communications efforts such as surveys, transparent programmatic updates and other outreach initiatives.
• Actively supervise OMMA communications specialists and/or interns
• Monitor and, when needed, moderate user-generated content in line with the social media policy, values and mission of the agency.
• Collaborate with OMMA departments to effectively deploy and manage messaging campaigns in conjunction with the agency’s public health and safety campaigns and overall communications plan.
• Establish and/or maintain cooperative relationships with OMMA employees and representatives of the industry, patients, or public interest groups.
• Study the objectives, promotional policies, or needs of the program area to coordinate digital communications strategies that will influence public perception or advance ideas or initiatives.
• Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical
• Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. In-depth knowledge and navigation of social media platforms, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign or Premiere Pro. The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words or sentences. The ability to communicate information and ideas, and speak effectively so others will comprehend.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
This position is set in an office environment. While performing the duties of the job, employees are frequently required to stand, walk, lift, and reach. Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position.
A bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, public relations or related field and two (2) years of experience drafting and producing internal communications on behalf of an organization. Excellent writing, research and digital communications skills are required. Proven working experience in social media marketing or as a copywriter is a plus.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|