|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||1/11/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/8/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $60,000 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT OR FORMER PERMANENT, CLASSIFIED STATE EMPLOYEE, PLEASE APPLY TO THE “INTERNAL JOBS” LISTING HERE. DO NOT APPLY VIA THIS RECRUITMENT.
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to leading Oklahoma to prosperity through health. Our mission is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can thrive. We value respect, collaboration, and service.
OSDH is seeking a full time Materiel Management Officer providing support to Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority. This is a state employee position governed by the Civil Service Rules, located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits packet, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance, follow this link Plan Year 2022. The annual salary for this position is up to $60,000.00 based on education and experience.
This position will be responsible for the procurement, storage, control, issue, disposal, delivery of records, supplies and equipment used in the operation of an agency or institution. These responsibilities include procurement, receipt, storage, control, issuance, inventory, delivery of material, equipment, records, agency mail, and other supplies used to support agency business practices, supervision of other personnel and various administrative responsibilities. It may also include supervising the operation of all storerooms where supplies are stored, and directing or coordinating agency mail needs.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions
• Directs, supervises or performs materiel management activities for the agency; plans and supervises the procurement of supplies and equipment or other material, agency mail
and use of related machinery as needed.
• Supervises centralized mail services and/or performs centralized printing functions for the agency.
• Supervises support of other agency departments in mail preparation and tracking according to provided specifications
• Supervises the receipt of supplies and equipment; verifies shipping documents against invoices and other data.
• Directs the storage of records, supplies and equipment; supervises the completion of perpetual inventory actions and the preparation of various reports.
• Ensures that warehouse items are properly stored and protected to prevent breakage and pilferage; supervises the maintenance of warehouse physical facilities, trucks,
forklifts and other equipment used in the storage of supplies and equipment.
• Develops, recommends and implements agency policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal and state laws and rules.
• Confers with department heads, vendors and outside agencies concerning purchases, deliveries and acceptability of supplies.
• May coordinate with Central Purchasing Division
• Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code
of ethical behavior.
• Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include knowledge of relevant state and federal regulations; of the methods and procedures for acquisition of supplies and equipment; of the methods and procedures for agency mailroom needs; of warehouse principles, techniques and inventory methods; of various types of mechanical equipment used in warehousing operations; of administrative principles and practices; and of supervisory principles and practices. Ability is required to establish and maintain effective working relationships; and to take accurate inventories.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Applicants must be willing and able to fulfill all job-related travel normally associated with the position. Incumbents must meet the physical requirements of lifting/carrying 70 pounds occasionally, 25 pounds frequently and able to push and pull a maximum force of 40 pounds.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|