|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||1/7/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/28/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||up to $66,000, based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to leading Oklahoma to prosperity through health. Our mission is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can thrive. We value respect, collaboration, and service. Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions Other Duties: Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
OSDH is seeking a full time Auditor providing support to Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority. This is a state employee position 3400 4383 governed by the Civil Service Rules, located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. OSDH offers a comprehensive . The annual salary for this position are up to $66,000 based on education and experience.
This position will schedule and conduct audits on behalf of Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority business establishments to determine compliance with laws and regulations, generally accepted accounting principles, financial accountability standards and other requirements.
• Conduct professional operational reviews, audits, or special investigations to determine compliance with laws and regulations, generally accepted accounting procedures, financial accountability standards or other requirements for OMMA.
This includes scheduling, planning, determining scope of work and conducting required audits for OMMA business establishments.
• Obtains, analyzes, approves, and appraises evidentiary data as a basis for an informed, objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system and the efficiency of performance of the activities being reviewed.
• Reviews financial records and other business records, evaluates financial controls, identifies deficiencies, and provides advice on requirements for compliance with existing laws, policies and standards.
• Prepares audit reports; makes recommendations concerning changes in policies or operating procedures.
• Performs special investigations as assigned.
• Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
• Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and practices; of auditing theories and techniques; of public and business administration; of financial statements, ledgers, journals and reports; of analytical principles; and of modern office methods and procedures, including computer technology related to accounting systems. Ability is required to review and analyze accounting records and business practices; to prepare audit reports and recommendations; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; and to communicate effectively. Demonstrated ability in completing or participating in various types of audits and completing required reports and to comprehend and carry out complex accounting, auditing and fiscal procedures.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate-controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone. Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position.
Travel – In-state travel required. Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or public administration and one year of qualifying experience in professional auditing or accounting; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of paraprofessional auditing or accounting experience for each year of the required education; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.