|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||1/6/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/31/2022 4:00:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to leading Oklahoma to prosperity through health. Our mission is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can thrive. We value respect, collaboration, and service.
OSDH is seeking a full-time Speech-Language Pathologist III providing support to Rogers County Health Department. This is a state employee position 34001739 governed by the Civil Service Rules, located in Claremore, OK. OSDH comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $60,187.00 based on education and experience determining the level for which you qualify.
THIS POSITION MAY BE FILLED AT A LEVEL I, II, OR LEVEL III. PLEASE APPLY FOR EACH LEVEL YOU WISH TO BE CONSIDERED.
Level III - up to $60,187.00 based on education and experience
Level II - up to $53,263.00 based on education and experience
Level I - up to $48,372.00 based on education and experience
Responsible to provide patients with diagnostic and therapeutic services in the areas of speech and language. The functions in this job family will vary, but may include the following:
Position Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
• Diagnoses communication disorders of speech and language.
• Prepares treatment plans and makes recommendations for individual cases.
• Conducts group and individual speech and/or language treatment as appropriate.
• Performs hearing screenings and makes appropriate referrals.
• Prepares and maintains progress reports, records, and evaluations on individual and group cases as required.
• Participates as a member of a diagnostic and treatment team for individual and group cases.
• Maintains confidential records of client services in compliance with state and federal regulations.
• Confers with professional and/or community groups on topics regarding communication disorders.
• Implements and develops prevention programs that are specific to speech/language/communication issues.
• Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
• Work effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
*Travel is required for home visitations (or community settings for therapeutic interventions).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required include knowledge of the pathology of communication disorders; of phonetics; of the anatomy and physiology of the speech and hearing function; and of diagnostic testing and treatment techniques for communication disorders. Ability is required to discuss communication disorders with various treatment professionals and families; to plan and execute treatment programs; and to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Applicant may have travel for business related activities.
Level I: Master's degree in speech pathology, including academic and practicum requirements for certification by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
Level II: Master’s degree in speech pathology and Certification as a Speech-Language Pathologist by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
Level III: Master’s degree in speech pathology and Certification as a Speech-Language Pathologist by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. Three years of post-certification experience as a Speech Language Pathologist in a clinical specialty or in an educational setting.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.