|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||1/6/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||48,372.00, Based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to leading Oklahoma to prosperity through health. Our mission is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can thrive. We value respect, collaboration, and service. Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions: Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Physical Demands and Work Environment:
OSDH is seeking a full time Speech Language Pathologist I providing support to Creek Health Department. This is a state employee position 34002823 governed by the Civil Service Rules, located in Sapulpa, Oklahoma. OSDH offers a comprehensive . The annual salary for this position is up to $48,372.00 based on education and experience.
Position will be assigned responsibilities related to providing patients with diagnostic and therapeutic services in the areas of speech and language.
• Conducts group and individual speech and/or language treatment as appropriate.
• Performs hearing screenings and makes appropriate referrals.
• Prepares and maintains progress reports, records, and evaluations on individual and group cases as required.
• Participates as a member of a diagnostic and treatment team for individual and group cases.
• Maintains confidential records of client services in compliance with state and federal regulations.
• Directs and/or trains clinical personnel and staff in identifying and treating communication disorders.
• Confers with professional and/or community groups on topics regarding communication disorders.
• Implements and develops prevention programs that are specific to speech/language/communication issues.
Knowledge of the pathology of communication disorders; of phonetics; of the anatomy and physiology of the speech and hearing function; and of diagnostic testing and treatment techniques for communication disorders. Ability is required to discuss communication disorders with various treatment professionals and families; to plan and execute treatment programs; and to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
This position is set in an office environment. While performing the duties of the job, employees are frequently required to stand, walk, lift, and reach.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions:
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of a master's degree in speech pathology, including academic and practicum requirements for certification by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|