Jackie Brannon Correctional Center, McAlester
|Department||Department of Corrections|
|Date Opened||1/5/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/2/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT STATE EMPLOYEE, PLEASE APPLY TO THE “INTERNAL JOBS” LISTING HERE. DO NOT APPLY VIA THIS RECRUITMENT.
Jackie Brannon Correctional Center
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities involving planning, organizing, directing and conducting individual and group leisure-time and physical education activities for inmates in a state correctional institution or facility.
• Plans, organizes and conducts various leisure-time and physical education activities and intramural sports for inmates; supervises preparation for scheduled events and insures that required equipment and other materials are in place.
• Maintains order and discipline during scheduled activities; supervises inmates in all recreational and related activities.
• Responsible for the selection, procurement, and inventory of equipment and supplies; accounts for damaged or missing equipment and ensures the scheduling and completion of required maintenance; oversees the use of equipment and supplies in accordance with operating guidelines and safety standards.
• Instructs inmates in the appropriate care and maintenance of equipment and recreational facilities; supervises inmates in the completion of related job assignments.
• May be responsible for the evaluation of inmates and staff.
This is the leadership level where employees are assigned responsibility for the supervision of others in planning, organizing and conducting correctional activities programs in a state correctional facility. This includes assigning and reviewing work, providing training, employee development, performance appraisal and related administrative tasks.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include knowledge of recreational, athletic and group work principles and techniques; of the fundamentals and rules of common sports; of first aid techniques; of physical education and its value in correctional programs; and of the principles and practices of effective supervision. Ability is required to conduct group activities; to supervise and instruct; to judge a situation accurately and adopt an effective course of action; to act quickly and effectively in an emergency situation; to encourage interest in the positive improvement and development of socially maladjusted persons, both physically and mentally; to give individual and group instructions in a variety of group athletic and leisure-time activities; and to create and supervise leisure-time activities/physical education programs.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of a bachelor's degree plus two years of experience in group physical education, recreational therapy or closely related work; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of recreational coaching, organized sports, or instruction for each year of the required education; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of correctional or security work for each year of the required education with a maximum substitution of two years.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.