|Department||Office of Juvenile Affairs|
|Date Opened||1/4/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||Commensurate with education and years of experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
Position is located at the Central Oklahoma Juvenile Center in Tecumseh OK
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT PERMANENT, CLASSIFIED STATE EMPLOYEE, PLEASE APPLY TO THE “INTERNAL JOBS” LISTING HERE. DO NOT APPLY VIA THIS RECRUITMENT.
'This position is a safety sensitive position as defined by 63 O.S. § 427.8 (K)(1)(i)(2) due to providing direct child care. Therefore, those applicants testing positive for marijuana will not be hired even when in possession of a valid medical marijuana license.'
Teacher / 2083 Salary: Commensurate with education and years of experience.
Oklahoma Youth Academy Charter School is currently recruiting for a math teacher to join our team. Applicants must have a solid understanding of the Oklahoma Math curriculum standards and have experience in closing the achievement gap.
Collaboration with colleagues and promotion of understanding and communication are crucial. Candidates must believe Bachelor’s degree in math education or another related field is required. A current certification in math education and/or the ability to obtain said certification is required. Teacher job responsibilities as assigned.
• Create daily lesson plans and learning activities for students based on national, local and school standards in math education and research and knowledge of developmental behaviors.
• Deliver high-quality, engaging instruction in the form of discussion, direct teaching, demonstrations and independent practice using a variety of proven methods.
• Differentiate lessons when needed to give all students access to the curriculum regardless of disability, instructional level, English proficiency or level of interest in the subject.
• Evaluate student performance on tasks established by the standards using different methods such as observation, performance-based tasks or other standard test practices.
• Maintain a safe, orderly and supportive classroom by modeling expected behavior and standards, promoting positive interactions and quickly addressing behaviors that are not in line with the school discipline plan.
• Communicate with parents regarding student progress, potential and behavior periodically through phone or electronic means and at parent and teacher conferences.
• Improve skills and knowledge in teaching by regularly taking classes, attending workshops and discovering new methods of delivering exciting content to students.
Must be able to pass background check and drug screening.
If you have any questions regarding this position or the application process, contact Laticia Sanchez at 405/598-2650 or Education Director Melissa White at (405)530-2882.
Job Skills & Qualifications Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in math education or another related field
• Current certification in math education
• Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing
• Experience dealing with conflict
• Comfort in a team environment
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|