|Department||Office of Juvenile Affairs|
|Date Opened||1/4/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/13/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Salary is based upon education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
Position is located at the Southwest Oklahoma Juvenile center in Manitou OK
This is an unclassified, term-limited position. Per 10A O.S. § 2-7-202: Effective June 1, 2020, employees hired for service at the Southwest Oklahoma Juvenile Center in Manitou shall be considered unclassified and employed in a term-limited appointment. If state services continue at the facility after the designated term, the employee may be transferred into a non-term-limited position.
'This position is a safety sensitive position as defined by 63 O.S. § 427.8 (K)(1)(i)(2) due to providing direct child care. Therefore, those applicants testing positive for marijuana will not be hired even when in possession of a valid medical marijuana license.'
Teachers Aide Z10A - Salary is based upon education and experience.
Description of Position
Provides support to classroom teachers that are instructional in nature, and delivers direct services to students.
Provides one-on-one assistance to help students become successful in classroom tasks. Assists students in successfully learning the daily lesson objectives. Reinforces targeted lesson skills to small or large groups of students. Planning and assisting the teachers in preparing materials and supplies in advance of activities.
1. Establish and communicate learning goals in the absence of the teacher, perform duties that are instructional in nature, and celebrate success.
2. Establish and maintain classroom rules and procedures. Recognize and acknowledge adherence or lack of adherence to rules and procedures.
3. Assist teachers in providing useful reinforcement in targeted lesson skills in a one-on-one setting, small or large group students.
4. Help students practice and deepen their understanding of new knowledge.
5. Assist teacher to engage students in the lesson.
6. Assist in school library; school office and UTT as needed.
7. Establish and maintain effective relationships with students and teachers.
8. Communicate high expectations for all students.
9. Participation in Open House; Participation in Parent/Teacher conference; participation in UTT
10. Promoting a positive environment.
11. Planning and assisting the teacher in preparing materials and supplies in advance of activities.
12. Promoting Exchanges of ideas and strategies.
13. Adhering to district and school rules and procedures. Participating in district and school initiatives; Adhere to policy regarding designated work hours and leave usage
Describe knowledge, skills and abilities
Knowledge of the content matter in the area of instruction; and of accepted methods of teaching special children. Ability is required to supervise and instruct pupils; to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with others; to organize and present facts and opinions clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; and to develop and present a curriculum.
Must be able to pass background check and drug screening.
Applicants must be willing and able to perform all job-related travel normally associated with this position.
Prefer candidates with the following experience/education:
High school diploma or GED certificate and experience working with students working with a-risk youth.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.