|Department||Dept. of Emergency Management & Homeland Security|
|Date Opened||10/22/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||Up to $15.98.|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted with your application along with any required professional licenses and education information.
Come join the exciting world of emergency management! Do you have a desire and a passion to serve the citizens of Oklahoma? Come join our team and help your fellow Oklahomans. The Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management and Homeland Security (ODEMHS) prepares for, responds to, recovers from, and mitigates against disasters and emergencies. Our agency operates the State Emergency Operations Center which serves as a command center for reporting emergencies and coordinating state response activities.
The ODEMHS is seeking temporary part-time Disaster Grants Specialists providing support to the Hazard Mitigation and Public Assistance Programs. These are unclassified temporary positions not to exceed 999 working hours per year and can be telework/remote work/work-from-home approved. ODEMHS offices are located in Oklahoma City, OK. The hourly wage for this position is $15.98.
Under the direction of the Hazard Mitigation Manager or Public Assistance Manager, the Disaster Grants Specialist is responsible for assisting with the management of federal and state grants related to emergency management.
• Processes applications and projects for state and federal grant programs
• Ensures fiscal and program compliance of federal and state grants
• Monitors, analyzes, and maintains financial and program transactions for a specific emergency management program
• Tracks, reconciles, and processes jurisdiction’s reporting, applications, closeouts, withdrawals, and reimbursement requests
• Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of two years of technical clerical office work or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting 24 hours of education for each year of experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of spelling, punctuation, and business English; of business mathematics; of modern office methods and procedures; of the maintenance of complex records; and of the major policies and procedures governing assigned programs.
• Ability is required to maintain effective working relationships with others; to handle confidential work; to interpret and handle routine matters in accordance with agency policy; and to follow oral and written instructions.
Up to 20 hours per week and not to exceed 999 hours per year with occasional in office work. Working hours are flexible within normal business hours.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Telework/remote work/work-from-home position. This position requires long periods of sitting and daily use of computer and telephone.
Any qualified applicant with a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits his/her ability to participate in the application process and desires a reasonable accommodation, must notify Kimberly Hill, ADA Coordinator, at Kimberly.Hill@oem.ok.gov of the need for an accommodation, identify the impairment, and identify the requested accommodation
Equal Opportunity Employment:
The ODEMHS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information, race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|